"Off-line" photo meeting June 13, 2020

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Ok that is good to hear. I would be happy to participate. Normally I take my camera with me when I am at work (cargo/freighter). This time however it is a bit difficult due to an exam and a very short rotation. Maybe I take my camera with me, but there aren't many opportunities this rotation. I am back on the 18th in the morning. If it is ok for you all, the latest I will send in the photo will be on the 19th.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Sandokan said:

I thought I had missed this opportunity but just realised, 13th is still in the future :) 

I am in. 

Shall we meet late on Saturday night or Sunday european morning? GMT 20:00 or 08:00. Erl is I believe GMT+10, central europe is GMT+2

Great!

Currently there is no Zoom or Skype meeting planned and to be honest I wouldn't know how to set it up.

But if someone else wants to set it up that's fine by me, but then the participants somehow need to get instructions about timing and how to connect.

OK. I have shot my early morning's effort. Oriented around my regular dog walking. No sun, damn cold, but I got started. Hoping for the sun to peep out late today, following previous days pattern.

Leaden sky, no brilliance (English style - apologies to all my English mates). Decided to cook lunch and shoot myself chef'ing, LOL. M10 on tripod set @ 12 sec time delay (try cooking doing that!). Local birds knew it was lunch time so I had to feed/shoot them @ the same time (using the M9). Lorakeets demanding grapes and apples. Opened a great bottle of Pino Gris from Langhorne's Creek in SA - Magnificent! Served with the scallops I cooked. 'Goodnight Bulgaria' to shooting any more pics today. Will run with what I have done. Afternoon snooze coming my way. 👍

Q. Will I make it to my beer tonight to herald the awakening of Andy? 😁

Wow. I love Saturday lunches!

Well Andy, you beat me. Haven't had a beer yet!

Think I might edit my (1/2) day shoot and select an offering for the Forum, then prepare dinner. Probably shall fillet a baramundi and cook it in ginger and soy sauce and serve with bok choi. Needs a nice chardonnay. That's the ticket. What a great day.

Hope everyone's day is as good as mine has been.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It's just past 4 pm here, so a little early for my beer, but don't have to wait too long anymore 🍻

I took a 20 km bicycle ride through the area and just took some shots of what caught my eye. I only had one photo planned before and I'll start with that:

We didn't meet in Tilburg, but at least I got to the Tilburgbaan 😁

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Sony A7Rii + M-Summicron 50/2 DR

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

In St-Job-in-'t-Goor the water tower is doubling as an antenna mast, nice to have plenty water available for when people put them on fire because they think network antennas cause COVID-19 😜

Sony A7Rii + M-Summicron 50/2 DR

Edited by pegelli
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I’ll post some from this morning once we have had a little refreshment in our orchard 😊

• Like 6

Cheers Andy (and others), when you lve about 5 km from the Westmalle Abbey and brewery, what do you drink....... 🍺

A7Rii + M-Summicron 50/2 DR

• Like 6

OK, I have edited about 40 pics down to about 10.I hope that is not considered excessive. It seems my day/life revolves around my dog Jupiter, so he stars in my selection.

Every day starts with 10+ minutes workout on the tennis court playing his version of soccer with a pair of tennis balls. This is to burn his excess energy so he is reasonable on the walk when we go.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

We then mostly cross Beach Road to the beach and on the weekends we have to negotiate frequent pelatons of bike riders speeding in their lycra outfits. If we make it safely to the other side, Jupiter then alternately buries and digs up his ball.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

By lunchtime I am ready for, in this case, stir fried scallops and noodles. I have my own recipe which includes a fine bottle of Pinot Gri from Potts Vineyard in South Australia. Meanwhile, the local bird population expects lunch to be served and wait patiently in the 'bird tree' .

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

An afternoon walk involves a bit of discipline for Jupiter, in this case, 'sit and wait' in the Rotunda (Band Stand), down on the foreshore.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I took a small tour through the part of town I live in. Looking at it from the southern island of Steinwerder. The shorefront buildings can be helpful, if you need a weather report, a seachart or have contracted a "tropical" disease.

Stefan

Edited by StS
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Going back, I cycled through the "old" tunnel under the Elbe river, which was built 1907-1911 to allow access to the shipyards on Steinwerder island.

• Like 10

The lifts are too large for one car and too small for two - they were meant for horse carriages.

• Like 9

"Park Fiction" is a small park designed with the suggestions of locals. Since this is northern Europe, the palmtrees are made from steel.

• Like 6

How should I phrase this - In medieval times, trades had to settle in assigned streets. As sort of a relict there is still only one trade in this street. Admission only for adults for obvious reasons.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

St. Joseph, 1718-1723, attributed to the Austrian Architect Melchior Tatz. The name of the street „Große Freiheit“ attributes to the freedom of trade and religion granted, „any“ trade could settle here. Although one of the oldest buildings around, tourists always take pictures of the „Kaiserkeller“ to the left. In the early 60s, the manager had a habit to hire unknown bands from Liverpool.

• Like 7