"Off-line" photo meeting June 13, 2020

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Unfortunately the "real" meeting in Tilburg, planned for June 13, is postponed for obvious (and good) reasons.

How about an "off-line" meeting that day. We go out and take photo's in an area close to where we live and post the results here and comment on each-other's work. Might be a nice diversion from the quiet quarantine life :). Everybody can participate, it doesn't matter if you planned to attend in Tilburg or not. The more the merrier.

Digital is probable doable to post the same or next day, film might take a little longer but I see no problem with that.

Only two restrictions:

- Photo's must be taken saturday June 13

- Forum rules for posting, so either the lens or the camera needs to be Leica

Who's in?

Edited by pegelli
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great, Willem, Kamiel and Andy, I hope we get more participants but we're already above "critical mass".

Andy, since you are a moderator, should we just post the photo's here or should we start a new thread for that?

I should be able to do this one since no travel is involved.

Is it proposed to be a competition, or just 'look what I shot today?'

Will a theme be proposed, or just what one fancies to shoot at the time?

Will judging/commenting be involved?

Should there be a limit on the number of entries/submissions per poster?

All good, but it probably should be declared at the start so we are all on the same page.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi erl, welcome and thanks for the comments.

What I had in mind was just shoot what anyone fancies at the time and no competition and no limit on the number of entries of each participant.

It's just a way for each participant to show something of the area they live in to the others.

But if anyone else has any strong feelings we should do it differently just speak up, for me it's just a way to get out with my camera and that can indeed be done with many different formulas and I'm open to suggestions.

• Like 2

pegelli I am comfortable with your idea. It would be relaxing under our current world stress. Besides, my competing days are over, I think. 😜

• Like 2

I agree. Let's keep it simple!

"A Day in the Life of The Forum"

Bearing in mind, people's days start and end at different "times" depending where on the planet they are. Erl's already on his first beer when I am waking up ;)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Lothar said:

Do you think we could have an online meeting like with zoom ?

I have a paying account (no limit) if you think it could make sense.

If we all would be in the same timezone it could make sense, but now we see participation from multiple continents it gets very hard to synchronise.

Well yes, we used to have a regular China/California/Gemany call in a project, meaning weird times for two parties (we got the 5am slot, which was OK for me).

Two continents can be handled on a day off.

Stefan

That's too bad Kamiel 😟, we'll miss you and I hope you still have a good weekend.

Thinking about the practical aspects I don't think I'll shoot film on saturday, I'll go 100% digital and since I don't have a Leica digital camera I'm going to use the "digital backs" I have for my M-lenses (A7ii and A7Rii)

But I do plan to use all the leica focal length availabe to me: 35, 50, 90, 135 and 200 mm 😊, the weather here is starting to look better and better.

On 6/4/2020 at 2:57 PM, StS said:

Well yes, we used to have a regular China/California/Gemany call in a project, meaning weird times for two parties (we got the 5am slot, which was OK for me).

Two continents can be handled on a day off.

Stefan

Kamiel, as this is not a competition, I suggest you shoot 'near' Saturday for you, say Sunday. I don't imagine anyone else will object and welcome your 'late' contribution. I would suggest the same for others with similar constraints. Let's say 'a weekend in the life of the forum'. Just my thoughts.

P.S. It's winter here and damn cold. I am looking out my warm gear to venture out, despite Covid 19 declaring I should stay in. Gotta take the big step sometime!

OTOH, I could shoot something within my own boundary! Hmm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I thought I had missed this opportunity but just realised, 13th is still in the future :) 

I am in. 

Shall we meet late on Saturday night or Sunday european morning? GMT 20:00 or 08:00. Erl is I believe GMT+10, central europe is GMT+2

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, erl said:

Kamiel, as this is not a competition, I suggest you shoot 'near' Saturday for you, say Sunday. I don't imagine anyone else will object and welcome your 'late' contribution. I would suggest the same for others with similar constraints. Let's say 'a weekend in the life of the forum'. Just my thoughts.

P.S. It's winter here and damn cold. I am looking out my warm gear to venture out, despite Covid 19 declaring I should stay in. Gotta take the big step sometime!

OTOH, I could shoot something within my own boundary! Hmm.

...and there is always the option to have the camera with you all day (very few jobs will not allow this) - chance can give the best pictures, if you give chance a chance.

Stefan

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, erl said:

Fully agree, we'll expand the time window for people who have difficulty on the saturday. It's all about enjoying photography and sharing the results. All the rest is secundary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1