Leica R7 issue

turingtape

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hey, all. I've been having an issue with my R7 and my Summilux 50. I'm not entirely sure whether it's the lens or the camera, but 90% of the time, this pairing leads to super soft, weirdly exposed photos. For years, I had my (safari edition Summilux) paired with my R3 MOT and this resulted in fantastic images, but this camera was dropped and damaged by an ex-roommate. The top was dented badly and the metering electronics started popping out of the top plate, but it still metered well. Needless to say, back in the fall, I picked up an R7 from someone who was selling one here in Berlin along with a Macro Elmarit 60mm lens. With both the Elmarit 60 (though it was better) and my Summilux, the pictures were overblown, soft, and weirdly exposed. When I used the Elmarit with my Leicaflex SL, the pictures turned out quite well. I don't know what could have happened. Either it's my lens (which is quite difficult to focus, though I was able to get razor-sharp images in the past) or it's the R7. The Summilux has performed weirdly for a little while now, though. Perhaps an element came unstuck? It is extremely difficult to focus and seems to be off even when it's focused. As a test, I shot the R7 on program mode and was left with very odd images. I will attach them. What should I do? What is the more likely culprit, the lens or the camera?