SSD backup Storage option w/o Laptop or iPad

Dennis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

45 minutes ago, cboy said:

The gnarbox you mention still requires file management for redundancy and same as wd wireless passport ssd w/sd reader.

Not sure what it means. You can download many times the same card and every time it saves only new files since last download. Not sure it's what you're saying.

46 minutes ago, cboy said:

lternatively one can transfer their images  to their phone/ tablet wirelessly or thru a sd to usb c  adapter, then transfer from phone/tablet via usb c onto a m.2 nvme ssd with enclosure. This is probably the most compact setup. Even smaller would be to a flash drive. This option still requires phone/tablet to file manage.

I still prefer a small device w/o laptop/tablet/phone need .. 

1 hour ago, Dennis said:

Not sure what it means. You can download many times the same card and every time it saves only new files since last download. Not sure it's what you're saying

Sorry to confuse. I just meant to point out that if your primary ssd fails then your out of luck :) Having another backup is ideal.

The wd passport w/ sd reader is prefered then. But im not sure if i would completely rely on just one ssd. Especially if one doesnt want to use a laptop/tablet to check the files have been transfered correctly.

Oh there are also wifi sd cards you can use from toshiba...not sure how good the wifi on the m10 and leica fotos app is.

All external drives fail at some point and it is usually the electronics in the enclosure that fails and not the drive.

Edited by cboy

7 hours ago, cboy said:

I just meant to point out that if your primary ssd fails then your out of luck :) Having another backup is ideal.

I understand. But the WD password would be only an extra back up on the road, for maybe only a few hours Once I arrive home/office, I have other two backup's, plus Dropbox. If I shoot with a camera with two card slots (raw in both cards), I feel safer. But shooting with the M10, w/ only one card slot, I would need another quick and easy backup on the road. Does it make sense?

10 hours ago, Dennis said:

I understand. But the WD password would be only an extra back up on the road, for maybe only a few hours Once I arrive home/office, I have other two backup's, plus Dropbox. If I shoot with a camera with two card slots (raw in both cards), I feel safer. But shooting with the M10, w/ only one card slot, I would need another quick and easy backup on the road. Does it make sense?

https://dfigear.com

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Thank you. I took a quick look, it's very expensive and old style, but it's an all-terrain beast. It loos like an old Palm Treo 😂

Get the cheapest one they have. All the big memory is not needed. You’re only using it as a temporary solution.

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Thank you. I took a quick look, it's very expensive and old style, but it's an all-terrain beast. It loos like an old Palm Treo 😂

And it’s not that expensive. You threw many more thousands down on a body and lenses.

• Like 1