M10M Wetzlar edition

hannycatania

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 10/9/2020 at 2:05 AM, insomnigraphic said:

Well rather than firm up the likely progression this brings back confusion. My serial number ends with '085' too! With a production date in July and black rear lettering. Adding my fourth number makes it 7085. With a 650 camera run total this sure is odd.

10085 so strange numbering. 

• 1 month later...

I am considering the M10 Monochrom 'Leitz Wetzlar' and I recall reading somewhere that the finish on the 'Wetzlar' is black paint whereas the finish on the M10 Monochrom is black chrome. Can any of the 'Wetzlar' owners confirm this. Much appreciated. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Lewca said:

the finish on the 'Wetzlar' is black paint

I don't own one, but think Leica would mention it if it was 

"In November 2019 on the occasion of the 150 year company anniversary "Ernst Leitz Wetzlar" the Leica M Monochrom (Type 246) "Leitz Wetzlar" was presented.Due to the great demand Leica now offers the new M10 Monochrom in a limited edition with the traditional and very popular "Leitz Wetzlar" engraving available on the top cover."

You will of course need matching 35mm.

Edited by pedaes
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Lewca said:

I am considering the M10 Monochrom 'Leitz Wetzlar' and I recall reading somewhere that the finish on the 'Wetzlar' is black paint whereas the finish on the M10 Monochrom is black chrome. Can any of the 'Wetzlar' owners confirm this. Much appreciated. Thanks. 

I own the Leitz-Wetzlar M10M. It is black CHROME, not black paint.

BTW, some have blacked out rear lettering (where it says "Leica Camera Wetzlar Made in Germany") like mine, and the rest have this lettering in white. I corresponded with Wetzlar about it and they confirmed it was a change made mid-stream that resulted in some shipping without the updated white.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

2 hours ago, pedaes said:

I don't own one, but think Leica would mention it if it was 

"In November 2019 on the occasion of the 150 year company anniversary "Ernst Leitz Wetzlar" the Leica M Monochrom (Type 246) "Leitz Wetzlar" was presented.Due to the great demand Leica now offers the new M10 Monochrom in a limited edition with the traditional and very popular "Leitz Wetzlar" engraving available on the top cover."

You will of course need matching 35mm.

Well of COURSE. I did ;)

5 hours ago, Lewca said:

Hi ... thanks for the comments - much appreciated.

My heart says buy the Monochrom Wetzlar ... my head says just convert RAW files from my M10-P.

Back and forth... back and forth.

🙄

I was in the same position regarding the monochrom. I have the original M10 and had shot around 40,000 actuations and probably flipped to b/w 85% of the time. So I lusted for the M10M. I finally caved when the Leitz-Wetzlar was announced at the same price -- I love the history and that just pushed me over the edge. I still would not give up color so I held on to the M10.

The revolutionary thing about the M10M, special edition aside, is low light performance. IT IS AMAZING. Where I didn't trust the M10 above 3200 ISO, I totally trust the M10M at 12500. The images are stellar. I'm a night shooter and now feel I can capture anything. So if you're mostly a daytime guy, perhaps not as dramatic a difference from flipping your M10 to monochrom. But if you are, you'll be blown away.

Edited by insomnigraphic
  • Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 10:32 PM, didier said:

... unboxing today the Lens I bougtht this week.
I was a bit upset Leica announced a special Edition M10M a few weeks after the normal M10M I bought in February... I got the Lens special Edition instead... which is a nice match :) 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

I am curious that there might be some missing accessory on this item?

I mean does it comes with screw-mount lens hood?