M10M Wetzlar edition

hannycatania

Hi All! 

I received mine today and it has the white letters on the back too. Disappointed....

I'll post the serial number tomorrow, it's out of reach at the moment.

One other odd thing. Mine arrived without the outer flimsy cardboard box. This is first new Leica item I have purchased that doesn't have it. For those that received them, did yours have the outer box? I know it''s sometimes considered an important part of the original packaging. I bought it Leica USA in Allendale, NJ. I'll check with them, but it seems odd to me.

Thanks!

11 minutes ago, JeffreyTotaro said:

Hi All! 

I received mine today and it has the white letters on the back too. Disappointed....

I'll post the serial number tomorrow, it's out of reach at the moment.

One other odd thing. Mine arrived without the outer flimsy cardboard box. This is first new Leica item I have purchased that doesn't have it. For those that received them, did yours have the outer box? I know it''s sometimes considered an important part of the original packaging. I bought it Leica USA in Allendale, NJ. I'll check with them, but it seems odd to me.

Thanks!

This is such a strange occurrence. At the very least they should’ve alerted people on the list that the cameras would look a little different. If this was a decision there had to be a reason for it.

Mine DID come in the outer shipping box, which I’ve kept like a dutiful Leica owner. Did your store remove it??

1 hour ago, insomnigraphic said:

This is such a strange occurrence. At the very least they should’ve alerted people on the list that the cameras would look a little different. If this was a decision there had to be a reason for it.

Mine DID come in the outer shipping box, which I’ve kept like a dutiful Leica owner. Did your store remove it??

Of course not.

On 9/19/2020 at 12:55 PM, Jeff S said:

You’re awfully young to be posting here.

Heff

Ha ha OK Dad ;)

I got another email from Wetzlar (higher up) confirming they changed the plan on this special edition from black lettering to white lettering but some went out before the shift. 

They also said they will update the online specs to reflect this. I’ll keep my ugly black unicorn duckling the way it is!

On 9/30/2020 at 3:16 AM, carmand said:

My serial number ends 105 and everything is white..based in UK received and August.

Well that narrows things down! Since mine is only 20 serial numbers earlier it says to me that there are approximately 150 cameras out of the total 650 that shipped with black rear lettering instead of the [now] correct white.

Enjoy your camera and thank you for sharing your serial info!

Mine finally arrived and I picked it up at the weekend. I shall call her Betty. As she is black and makes me go ...:) 

The dealer had received the Wetzlar 35 Summilux back in Jan but kept it until my camera arrived as he wanted to see the two paired together, which I showed him in the store as I decided to buy that as well. Very expensive weekend for outgoings as I also bought a Zenith El Primero watch, open face. 

• Like 1

On 10/7/2020 at 12:40 AM, Sandokan said:

Mine finally arrived and I picked it up at the weekend. I shall call her Betty. As she is black and makes me go ...:) 

The dealer had received the Wetzlar 35 Summilux back in Jan but kept it until my camera arrived as he wanted to see the two paired together, which I showed him in the store as I decided to buy that as well. Very expensive weekend for outgoings as I also bought a Zenith El Primero watch, open face. 

Congratulations brother!

May I ask whether the lettering on the rear of your camera is black or white? And also if you'd mind sharing the last three serial numbers? As you can see above I've been trying to figure out when they switched the production from all-black (except the top Leitz engraving) to all-white.

I also couldn't resist the matching Summilux. I mean it would be downright tragic not to unite them, right??

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sandokan said:

085. date on box for packing was 22 Sept. And the lettering is white. Yes ... i dont actually like 35mm, but better the money risks being put into a lens than sitting in the bank at negative interest rates. 

Well rather than firm up the likely progression this brings back confusion. My serial number ends with '085' too! With a production date in July and black rear lettering. Adding my fourth number makes it 7085. With a 650 camera run total this sure is odd.

... unboxing today the Lens I bougtht this week.
I was a bit upset Leica announced a special Edition M10M a few weeks after the normal M10M I bought in February... I got the Lens special Edition instead... which is a nice match :) 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1