Japan with a M10-P, 35mm Cron IV and a 50 APO

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This COVID19 season has given me reason to finally work on a video from our trip to Japan last October...all related to street photography.

Having created this in the wee hours of the night that eventually bled into the morning last Friday, I am still content with it despite its imperfections; some clips are shaky, I could've shown the photos for a longer duration. Watching this reminds me how simple life was prior to COVID, where human interaction was carefree, and I strongly yearn for times like this again.

I would greatly appreciate it if you would indulge me for a couple of minutes of your time. Even more so if you have any comments/critiques as well.

Last but definitely not the least, would love to give a big shoutout to my wife for letting me out on the streets from 10pm-2am to capture these moments as she tends to the kids at night.

• Like 11

thanks @benqui! no professional here. just a mere hobbyist. still have lots to learn and learn how to take better b-roll footage

@evikne - a part of me regrets selling the v4. I didn't like how non-modern it was, but now I think it's a lens I should reacquire again as I have the 35 FLE to pair it (though I am mostly a 50mm street shooter)

@Knipsknecht - I wish we can go back to pre-COVID times.. I also played with the idea of working from Korea/Japan while my company (and NYC) works out the COVID situation.

thanks @elmars, regarding the music, I wonder if it's because they are two songs superimposed on each other to give it that ethereal vibe. I totally get what you're saying as I thought the same, but mostly because I'm used to hearing both tracks separately. 

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

52 minutes ago, danieldouloslee said:

a part of me regrets selling the v4. I didn't like how non-modern it was, but now I think it's a lens I should reacquire again as I have the 35 FLE to pair it (though I am mostly a 50mm street shooter)

I think pairing old and new is a great idea. I do it too, with both 35 and 50 mm lenses (and I am also mostly a 50mm shooter).

• Like 1