Leica FOTOS - Soft Viewing In Remote w/ SL2

PBart

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I updated to the newest version of Leica FOTOS hoping they fixed the issues I've been having. I have 2 Leica SL2 cameras and have the same problem when using the app with both. When I view a composition on my iPad Pro in the "Remote" setting, it looks very soft. If I take the shot and review it, it looks sharp. 

The primary reason I want the app is for showing views to my clients and stylists instead of tethering to a much bigger laptop. I can also walk into the scene and move things while looking at the iPad. The app connects fine but only allows 1 media card so no backup. That's the other issue.

So far no one has claimed the same problems. Has anyone used the SL2 on an iPad Pro and all looks good? If so, I'm wondering if I have issues on the iPad end of things perhaps? I tried connecting my wife's iPad Pro and it didn't connect at all.

Kind of frustrating since I contacted Leica at least 3 x and no fix to the problems. Leica won't acknowledge any issue exists. Wish they could come out with reliable apps since these tools could be very helpful. 

Thanks,

Paul S. Bartholomew

wwww.paulsbartholomew.com

I've tried Fotos 2.1 on an iPad Pro with my SL2.  It connects relatively easily (maybe a few tries to get it registered, then no problems).  If you put in two chips you get a warning, but everything works with the first chip's files viewable and remote working as before.  For your choice of backup, that should be no problem.  GPS localization from the tablet or phone is still buggy, but that is a public beta.

• Like 1

When you are in remote, the screen shows the liveview image, scaled for the viewfinder or the LCD.  I would guess it has at most 4-5 MPx resolution.  If you want to check focus, a press on the joystick gets to that.  When you review the image, that can be full resolution.  and it can be expanded to show part of the image by dragging in fotos

• Like 1

8 hours ago, scott kirkpatrick said:

When you are in remote, the screen shows the liveview image, scaled for the viewfinder or the LCD.  I would guess it has at most 4-5 MPx resolution.  If you want to check focus, a press on the joystick gets to that.  When you review the image, that can be full resolution.  and it can be expanded to show part of the image by dragging in fotos

Oh, so it's showing a version that is lower res than the iPad. I'll take a look at pressing the joystick to check focus. Just wish I could see the overall image at a nice crisp resolution. Thanks for your help!