Peters

Watches and the Leica M

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 2 Stunden schrieb TheLupus:

Frog LV

Does anyone know, who invented names like " Frog" and " Hulk" for these kind of watches - and why ? 

Edited by Paulus

vor 52 Minuten schrieb Paulus:

Does anyone know, who invented names like " Frog" and " Hulk" for these kind of watches - and why ? 

It was me in the rlx Forum. 😄

... why not ... you have Frog, Hulk an Starbucks.

Nobody says I like the Submariner one-six-six-one-zero-lunette-verde/ one-one-six-six-one-zero-lunette-verde/ one-two-six-six-one-zero-lunette-verde 🙃

Edited by TheLupus

vor 2 Stunden schrieb TheLupus:

Nobody says I like the Submariner one-six-six-one-zero-lunette-verde/ one-one-six-six-one-zero-lunette-verde/ one-two-six-six-one-zero-lunette-verde 🙃

You mean, just like M240 Safari? With Leica the type is 240 is the 16610 with Rolex always a Hulk? 

On 8/20/2020 at 4:53 PM, M10Alpine said:

Swatch - always Swatch and then a Aquanaut t that I got in 2002

This is my "monochrome" world time. Very cool engineering and made by the excellent watchmakers at "La Fabrique du Temps" in Geneva. This is not at all a "fashion" watch, its solid watchmaking and IMHO one of the nicest world times at an affordable price. This versin was released in only 370 copies and was a special edition. 

Edited by M10Alpine

Am 22.11.2020 um 16:11 schrieb TheLupus:

Found this today:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/our-favorite-watch-nicknames-ranked

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 hours ago, M10Alpine said:

This is my "monochrome" world time. Very cool engineering and made by the excellent watchmakers at "La Fabrique du Temps" in Geneva. This is not at all a "fashion" watch, its solid watchmaking and IMHO one of the nicest world times at an affordable price. This versin was released in only 370 copies and was a special edition. 

Does it flash Coca Cola at Christmas?

I typically wear one of the following:

1953 Omega Seamaster (Orange)

1969 Omega Automatic (Blue)

1970 Omega Constellation (White)

14 hours ago, M10Alpine said:

For work I usually have a Swatch or I sometimes carry a government modified Garmin Phoenix for GPS and emergency transmissions.

On 11/23/2020 at 1:33 AM, Paulus said:

Odd. I always knew the LV Green Sub Date as the Kermit. At least, that's what they were calling it a few years after it came out. In the first while, people called it the Green Sub, the Sub LV, or something similar. LV not because of any association with Louis Vuitton, but the model number ends with 'LV', standing for 'lunette verte', or green bezel.

Generally, these names appear on the many internet fora as a short and easily remembered moniker, rather than the long and sometimes confusing model numbers. The colour variants are especially prone to this kind of naming. For example, the blue-black GMT Master II is known as Batman. This naming was much more widespread with Seiko models, but hit the Rolex forums shortly after. No one at Rolex actually names these things Hulk, Kermit, Batman or whatever.

On 11/5/2020 at 11:38 AM, Sandokan said:

If only life were simple ... but at least the snoopy is worn daily by the GF even if I havent seen her since Feb ... I sure do miss that watch. 

You must have a very special relationship if you let your girlfriend wear your Snoopy. If I had a Snoopy, it would never be out of my possession, no matter how many or what other watches I had. Snoopys are rare and sentimental items.

There are a lot of ugly watches shown in this thread in comparison to cameras..

vor einer Stunde schrieb Tmx:

There are a lot of ugly watches shown in this thread in comparison to cameras..

I hear nobody is laughing....

On 11/22/2020 at 2:33 PM, Paulus said:

The M6 "panda" is the only camera example I can think of.