Leica SL2 and Billingham Hadley Small Pro 2020?

TorbenStender

11 hours ago, TorbenStender said:

Can the SL2 mounted with the SL2.0 / 35 ASPH fit into a Billingham Hadley Small Pro 2020?

If you were thinking of a small Billingham for SL2 and any of the SL Summicrons, then it fit's nicely into the Billingham Digital with room for spare battery etc in the front pocket, even having the hood mounted.

Edited by Boojay

16 hours ago, TorbenStender said:

Can the SL2 mounted with the SL2.0 / 35 ASPH fit into a Billingham Hadley Small Pro 2020?

I believe the choices are the Hadley Small Pro (improved Hadley Small) or the Hadley Pro 2020 (improved Hadley Pro), to reflect added features.  Only matters to be sure you’re asking about, and buying, the right item.

Jeff

• 1 month later...

Hadley Pro was a good choice for the SL2.  I’m sure you’ll be happy with it.  For those interested, the Small Pro will handle the SL2 and two Summicron SL lenses—camera pointing sideways.  It’s tight, but it works.  Not a lot of room left over for cell phone, gray card, spare battery, sunglasses, readers, wallet, or various other accessories, so if you were going to take much with you the Small is not the best option.  I often use mine, though, with a single Summicron SL lens and typical personal accessories.

You should look at the Billingham f1.4 bag. It is more rectangular than the Hadley Pro 2020. The SL with 24-90 lens mounted fits easily in this bag. .

I used to own this bag. I have several Billingham bags and my favorite for travel vacations is the Hadley Pro 2020. For this reason, I sold the f1.4 bag because the Hadley Pro makes for a better travel companion, IMHO.

Regards,
Bud James

If for carrying around with the smallest footprint, I find the Billingham L2 is a perfect fit.  I believe there is, or at least was, a SL specific version of this bag. It will hold the SL2 with either my 35mm and 75mm attached, so presumably any two SL Summicrons would work just as well. Room for few filters as well or sub a bottle of water to a lens. Hope these help...  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

I have the Billingham for SL. It fits the SL body and 24-90 with or without hood. Or body and two Summicron SL without hoods - just. It's a good bag in the usual high quality but the front pocket  space is a bit tight compared with a Hadley. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Old post but I thought I’d still comment in case anyone had this same question. The Hadley Small Pro and the SL2 with 35 is my EDC. It fits with room to spare. I use it with one divider. The other side has my eyeglasses, a small rocker blower and a wrist strap. It would easily accommodate another kens the size of a 35 or 50 if I slid the divider over and put the bits and bobs in the front pocket  

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Jptsr1
Last sentence was cut off.

On 8/8/2020 at 10:45 PM, DrM said:

Hi

Anybody with the Hadley pro 2020, SL2+RRS L-bracket? E.g. the setup like This.

Best regards,

Marc

I have that bag and the SL2 but not the bracket. I believe it will fit in that orientation but the bag will stretch a bit front to back. Hadley One would fit it better. I put an R6 with a grip in the standard insert and it fits fine.