New to Leica and Forum | Elmarit 100 APO Macro Question

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I am new to Leica and this forum so apologies if this question has been addressed before. 

I am shooting on an M10-P w/ most current firmware updated. The question I have is when I shoot on the Elmarit 100mm APO Macro lens, the camera will not focus peak. I am using the lens with the Leica R Adapter M on the M10-P since its obviously an R mount lens. All of the other lenses don't have this problem. Is this a "live with it" problem?

Cheers,

cl.

Welcome here,

Strange indeed.

As I've never rely on focus peaking with my M10, never seen this when I use the Apo-Macro-Elmarit-R 100mm on my M10.

Just tried that minutes ago, you are right that focus peaking never shows, close distance or far.

In my usual "front button magnify", it does show up, so you may focus with the "mag" to have along the focus peaking.

vor 20 Stunden schrieb CLW_LA:

All of the other lenses don't have this problem. Is this a "live with it" problem?

With M- or LTM-lenses, which are rangefinder coupled, focus peaking is activated by the same mechanism which is used for the camera‘s rangefinder. With R-lenses and other lenses without coupling of the rangefinder this cannot work, so you have to use the front button.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mnutzer
      •  Memorial "Signs of Remembrance"  •  Stuttgart North Railway Station  •  I / VIII  •
      •  Gedenkstätte "Zeichen der Erinnerung"  •  Bahnhof Stuttgart-Nord  •

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!

• By nuc001
      Hi everyone. Following up on my M10-P Rangefinder drifting thread, where I asked whether the body was front focusing or not, I went to Leica in Thailand and even though the camera is still within it's warranty, they told me that they cannot solve focusing issues and the camera has to be sent to Singapore.  As my camera was bought from HK, I will have to pay P&P of 250USD as well, and it will take around 2-3 months. I also would have to go find the receipt, as they cannot just look at the serial number for some reason. If I am unable to supply the receipt, then a maintenance fee will be charged as well. 
      Yesterday I had some free time and was itching to get the problem sorted, so I researched this forum about DIY rangefinder adjustments and a few YouTube videos, went out and bought a 2mm Hex key for $1 and adjusted the roller for horizontal alignment myself, using the night stars as a guide for infinity. However, my vertical alignment is also off so there are always 2 stars in the focusing patch no matter what I do, making adjustment very difficult. At the end of all that, the rangefinder does not coincide at infinity, but focus from 0.7m - 5m seems to be accurate (still slightly front focusing but acceptable) for Summilux-M 50mm at F1.4.
      I have a few questions regarding the adjustments. 
      Horizontal adjustment (please kindly see attached photo from the internet, of an M7?)
      When the hex key is inserted into the hole, and clockwise turns (red arrow) are very easy and the rangefinder arm does not move at all. However, when I try to turn anti-clockwise (green arrow) the rangefinder arm pivots down into the body with the turn, so I had to do a lifting motion whilst also turning the hex key. This lifted the rangefinder arm further out of the body once, but it then moved back so I am not sure whether this will cause any problems in the long term. I made sure not to press the rangefinder arm in the direction of the top plate and it looks the same as far as I can tell. Hopefully I didn't bend it? 
      Vertical adjustment
      Apparently this can also be done with the 2mm hex key. However, I have no idea how to unscrew the cover screw on the camera without scratching it. Some have suggested wrapping a screwdriver in electrical tape first, but I am hesitating to attempt it. Has anyone else managed to removed the screw, and how did you do it?
       Any help would be much appreciated. 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By IMAGEPOWER
      However, whereas the Canon F-1 Olive Drab retired long ago, the new Leica Reporter will be used...