New to Leica and Forum | Elmarit 100 APO Macro Question

CLW_LA

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hello,

I am new to Leica and this forum so apologies if this question has been addressed before. 

I am shooting on an M10-P w/ most current firmware updated. The question I have is when I shoot on the Elmarit 100mm APO Macro lens, the camera will not focus peak. I am using the lens with the Leica R Adapter M on the M10-P since its obviously an R mount lens. All of the other lenses don't have this problem. Is this a "live with it" problem?

Cheers,

cl.

Welcome here,

Strange indeed.

As I've never rely on focus peaking with my M10, never seen this when I use the Apo-Macro-Elmarit-R 100mm on my M10.

Just tried that minutes ago, you are right that focus peaking never shows, close distance or far.

In my usual "front button magnify", it does show up, so you may focus with the "mag" to have along the focus peaking.

• Thanks 1

vor 20 Stunden schrieb CLW_LA:

All of the other lenses don't have this problem. Is this a "live with it" problem?

With M- or LTM-lenses, which are rangefinder coupled, focus peaking is activated by the same mechanism which is used for the camera‘s rangefinder. With R-lenses and other lenses without coupling of the rangefinder this cannot work, so you have to use the front button.

• Like 1