M10M Capture One Users Be Cautious With Todays Upgrade

Advertisement (gone after registration)

10 hours ago, Dennis said:

M10 files are ok, everything works fine. Only one bug, hope it's not me. Please try to do the following: go in full screen view, the  create a new layer to use a brush (B), click on the brushes preferences (size, flow, opacity etc) or just press the right click on the mouse to change some settings. In my case, preferences doesn't show up, never. I need to exit from full screen view.

Are you experiencing the same issue?

P.s. How beautiful is the new Before/After feature 🙌 

I just tried this and it works ok for me.

I enter full screen, create a new layer and press B for the brush tool.  I then use the right click button to bring the brush settings up.

• Thanks 1

Just a thought...

I used to keep the previous version of C1 when offered the chance when upgrading.  I do not do this anymore after a comment from C1 support when I was having problems with the previous version crashing.  I now delete the previous version when prompted when upgrading C1.  Just wondered if this may be the problem for those who are having problems, did you keep the previous version?  There is a support document somewhere on the C1 site on how to do a clean install, this includes the instruction on keeping any settings etc you have created.

Below is the quote from C1 support...

"Make sure you keep only one Capture One version on your system, as multiple copies could interfere with each other and cause issues."

• Like 1

My M246 files are fine with the upgrade.

The M10M files within existing catalogue and sessions were simply unusable in the upgrade.  New photographs with the M10M loaded and rendered perfectly.

I copied the old M10M files to a different location, deleted them out of my C1 catalogue and sessions and then re-loaded them.  Everything now good and functional.  Happy again.  Annoying, but this was presumably a "one-off" with the upgrade.

Thank you for the post above.  Indeed, when I checked, there were old versions of C1 on the system - which I have now uninstalled.

Mark 

HI everyone. Taking advantage of this Capture One post, quick question with quick answer, if you don't mind. How do you set for your catalog the preview images size for a Leica M10 (or similar 24mp)? In the doubt, I have this setting at 5120, similar like 1:1 in Adobe LR. Is it too much, or in this way I'm able to work browse and zoom faster?

If I am not mistaken they suggest to set it by dpi of you monitor. It had something to with refresh rate when zooming in to 100% greater.

David Grover (the current face of C1 tutorial's and webinars) in one resent his video touch on this setting.  Mine is set 2650 and my files are 24mp for the most part or smaller. YMMV.

2 minutes ago, ru2far2c said:

If I am not mistaken they suggest to set it by dpi of you monitor. It had something to with refresh rate when zooming in to 100% greater.

David Grover (the current face of C1 tutorial's and webinars) in one resent his video touch on this setting.  Mine is set 2650 and my files are 24mp for the most part or smaller. YMMV.

Got it. So what you would set for an Imac 5k? 🤔

Was doing some testing and discovered if I make a New Variant of a converted catalog M10M file it brings back the histogram and the images are clear in the new variant. You can delete the original image and the new variant created remains clean and clear.  

I notice that I have all the settings except curves in the pixelated one which I can move to the new variant so I can add these manually to my new variant be close to my previous edits. It won't include any created layers. 

Edited by burningheart
Additional Info

13 hours ago, Dennis said:

HI everyone. Taking advantage of this Capture One post, quick question with quick answer, if you don't mind. How do you set for your catalog the preview images size for a Leica M10 (or similar 24mp)? In the doubt, I have this setting at 5120, similar like 1:1 in Adobe LR. Is it too much, or in this way I'm able to work browse and zoom faster?

It's explained here on C1 website

https://support.captureone.com/hc/en-us/articles/360002484457-Capture-One-Preferences-The-Image-tab

• Thanks 1

I received a response today from support (9 days after submission). They state it is a bug and has been handed off to the development team with no eta of a fix. So in the interim as we have found either reload the images or create new variant and work from the variant.