M10M Capture One Users Be Cautious With Todays Upgrade

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just upgraded to the new version 13.1.0.172 (881d25f) and converted a catalog. I had several images that I was using in the last version and although the M10M was not officially supported it did read and load M10M files and I could work on them in Capture One. After the upgrade I converted a catalog and all my M10M images in the catalog are badly pixelated. I reloaded a couple of images into the catalog and the reloaded images are fine.

Just a heads up to anyone else who have been using Capture One to work on M10M files. 

Turns out although they appear in the catalog I can not process them either.  

Not the end of the world for me I will just have to reload all my M10M images into the catalog. 

All my other images were fine from other cameras. 

Edited by burningheart
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, burningheart said:

After the upgrade I converted a catalog and all my M10M images in the catalog are badly pixelated. I reloaded a couple of images into the catalog and the reloaded images are fine.

Windows or Mac OS?

Where other M files affected?

Did you file a ticket with C1 support?

Do you use both sessions and catalogs or just catalogs?

Edited by ru2far2c

I upgraded earlier and use catalogs.  On restarting C1 I did upgrade my catalog.

So far I have not had any of these problems with my M10M DNG files.  I will say C1 used to crash very frequently before the upgrade if I was to use / adjust noise reduction / or add grain etc.  If I ejected my external drive (location of DNG files, catalog on MacBook Pro SSD) C1 wouldn't crash.  I used to use the DNG Neutral ICC profile prior to the M10M being supported.

I see in the release notes there is mention of a fix for C1 crashing when using Leica DNG files on a NAS drive.  Without double-checking I recall it was the M246 files the fix was for.

This is on a Mac and I only use catalogs.

I use Catalogs, Mac Mojave, yes I opened a support ticket, don't know if M246 or M243 were impacted haven't converted any of those catalogs. Catalog I converted was on my Mac. My catalogs tend to be small.  I've been using Capture One since version 3 and never had an issue with Catalogs during their conversion process.  Upgrades are always fun. Just wanted to get the warning out for anyone else to be cautious looks like Wyck didn't have issues. My only crashes on the previous version was zooming and modifying the mask. Otherwise has been rock steady for me over the years.

Just converted a couple of catalogs with M246 and 243 they convert fine.

Edited by burningheart
Add information

6 hours ago, burningheart said:

I just upgraded to the new version 13.1.0.172 (881d25f) and converted a catalog. I had several images that I was using in the last version and although the M10M was not officially supported it did read and load M10M files and I could work on them in Capture One. After the upgrade I converted a catalog and all my M10M images in the catalog are badly pixelated. I reloaded a couple of images into the catalog and the reloaded images are fine.

Just a heads up to anyone else who have been using Capture One to work on M10M files. 

Turns out although they appear in the catalog I can not process them either.  

Not the end of the world for me I will just have to reload all my M10M images into the catalog. 

All my other images were fine from other cameras. 

Same problem here.

I noticed another thing in the converted catalog there is no Histogram data of the original M10M files.

I just created a brand new catalog with the latest version and imported all of my M10M raw images No pixelation but it means I am back at square one as far as editing some of my catalogs have files from multiple cameras so I expect the same result when I convert them. Hopefully support will do something then again the M10M was not officially supported until today.

55 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Thank you for sharing. I don't have the M10M, but I was waiting an upcoming upgrade with the new feature Before/after. Is this one?

Yes Before and After is in the update, along with a healing brush and cloning. The folks at Phase One did a preview of the new features a couple of weeks ago and they were really nice.

• Like 1

Just upgraded to new version Capture One 20 Pro in Windows 10.  Same issues with M10M files - fuzzy, unreadable images in catalogue, with no display of histogram or levels.  None of the development sliders work.  Can manually change the curves on the graph, but it does nothing to the image.  Keywords were imported.  Will not process the M10M image.  It does accurately render and M10M file which I had previously exported to Silver Efex and imported back into the catalogue as a TIFF file. M10 files and Q2 files are OK

• Like 1

I'm not seeing any of these problems.  the only thing I can think of is my Mac OS is quite old - High Sierra 10.13.6.  I'm not in a position to upgrade my Mac OS as I run a virtual machine for my film scanner and this will not work if I upgrade.  So perhaps these problems are a combination of the update and the OS.

Just double checked the Histogram, Curves and Levels all show correctly and the sliders etc are all ok.  Since upgrading yesterday my main aim was to see if C1 would still crash as I had mentioned in the previous post.  So far no crashes.

Just to clarify this is with a catalogue that I upgraded.  I don't use sessions.

I'm yet to import any new M10M files into the catalogue since upgrading.  I will try this later.

• Like 1

When I take new photos with the M10M, they import, render and edit perfectly well.  It is just the images which are in sessions and catalogues which were upgraded to the new version of C1 20 Pro which are the problem.

M10 files are ok, everything works fine. Only one bug, hope it's not me. Please try to do the following: go in full screen view, the  create a new layer to use a brush (B), click on the brushes preferences (size, flow, opacity etc) or just press the right click on the mouse to change some settings. In my case, preferences doesn't show up, never. I need to exit from full screen view.

Are you experiencing the same issue?

P.s. How beautiful is the new Before/After feature 🙌 

31 minutes ago, John Black said:

Or, simply toggle the film curve and it will re-draw.  That's what I'm having to do on my M10 Monochrom edits.

Not sure if you mean changing the curves settings. I tried this and it didn't help. Is that what you mean? Thanks.