M10M and APO 50

joonas

Advertisement (gone after registration)

18 hours ago, colint544 said:

I think black lenses belong on black cameras, but a Leica Monochrom can absolutely rock a silver chrome lens

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

A masterful understatement.

• Like 1

Waiting on a gray half-case to help complete the "monochromatic" look.  Seen some pictures of the M10-M w/ the silver grip and silver lenses, that combo looks good too.  

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

On 5/18/2020 at 3:27 PM, colint544 said:

I think black lenses belong on black cameras, but a Leica Monochrom can absolutely rock a silver chrome lens

A well-loved and well-used camera

• Like 1

I used to have a large collection of the old silver brass leica lenses (21 elmarit, 35 summicron, 50 elmar, 50 summicron, 50 lux, 90 macro and 90 elmar it)..  I've sold most of them but I still have the silver 90 elmarti and the 90 macro.  I like the build of the brass lenses, so I did buy the black chrome brass 35 summicron, 50 summilux and 50 apo. If you want brass lenses, the black chrome are the newest renditions, but you can still find the silver chrome lenses used as they come available.  It really depends on what type of photography you practice and what you want!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 5/19/2020 at 10:17 PM, John Black said:

Waiting on a gray half-case to help complete the "monochromatic" look.  Seen some pictures of the M10-M w/ the silver grip and silver lenses, that combo looks good too.  

I used to think silver lenses on a black M body were unsightly but I have to say that this look is growing on me.  Perhaps it's an acquired taste.

This combination used to make me think of a brunette woman with dyed blonde hair - "not that there's anything wrong with that" (to borrow a line from the Seinfeld TV series of legend and lore). 😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 5/17/2020 at 9:44 PM, Keith (M) said:

One could always go for the 'Panda' look... ;)

I'm fine with my "Formosan black bear" as well...😂

Edited by Erato
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On May 16, 2020 at 7:59 PM, joonas said:

When I saw the announcement of the Edition Zagato I immediately fell in love. I thought it was the prettiest camera I've ever seen and the camera that got me into Leica M's.

Before I was in love with the SL and M10 was my first rangefinder. I started to like the size, the simplicity and was astounded when I saw the photos that M10M can create so I got it next.

Now I'm finding myself more and more in love with the Monochrom and seriously considering dedicating myself to it.

Amazing! Just the right combination. Then I click to the next post and I like that too. And on and on it goes. But I have the same problem with guitars and amps. My money (which there is little) is constantly pulled in two directions and I like it!!

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
On 5/17/2020 at 12:12 PM, fotografr said:

That's exactly what has happened to me.  I feel that this combination is giving me the best camera and the best lens I've used in 40 years of photography. I don’t want or need anything else.

And only a month later you wanted, and bought, another 50! Gear forums are endlessly entertaining.

Enjoy it all.  But best to avoid predictions. 😁

Jeff

12 hours ago, Jeff S said:

And only a month later you wanted, and bought, another 50! Gear forums are endlessly entertaining.

Enjoy it all.  But best to avoid predictions. 😁

Jeff

I'm not sure why you have a problem with my liking these two lenses for different reasons, or further, how it's of any concern to you.

We've had differences of opinion in the past that you apparently can't get over and that is leading you to scour my posts looking for some imagined inconsistency. Just move on.

Cheers,

Brent

Edited by fotografr

5 minutes ago, fotografr said:

I'm not sure why you have a problem with my liking these two lenses for different reasons, or further, how it's of any concern to you.

We've had differences of opinion in the past that you apparently can't get over and that is leading you to scour my posts looking for some imagined inconsistency. Just move on.

Cheers,

Brent

Scouring you’re posts?  Please.  Just entertained by what I just read.  I couldn’t care less what you or others use; choices are great. But it’s always fun when people exclaim that they don’t ever need another thing... then do just that, minutes later.  Happens here all the time... not just you.

Jeff

5 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Scouring you’re posts?  Please.  Just entertained by what I just read.  I couldn’t care less what you or others use; choices are great. But it’s always fun when people exclaim that they don’t ever need another thing... then do just that, minutes later.  Happens here all the time... not just you.

Jeff

Wants and needs change. Otherwise I'd still be shooting with my M3ds and goggled 35 Cron.

Just now, fotografr said:

Wants and needs change. Otherwise I'd still be shooting with my M3ds and goggled 35 Cron.

Then you must see the humor/irony in your comment that “I don’t need or want anything else.”  That’s all I was referring to. I hope and wish everyone here could buy to their heart’s content.  It’s the denials and forever promises that are amusing.

Jeff

31 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

Then you must see the humor/irony in your comment that “I don’t need or want anything else.”  That’s all I was referring to. I hope and wish everyone here could buy to their heart’s content.  It’s the denials and forever promises that are amusing.

Jeff

In 1980, I didn't "need or want" anything besides my M3ds and 35mm goggled Summicron. As I said, these things can change. So what? I don't recall making any "forever promise." Those words are yours.

Edited by fotografr

15 minutes ago, fotografr said:

In 1980, I didn't "need or want" anything besides my M3ds and 35mm goggled Summicron. As I said, these things can change. So what? I don't recall making any "forever promise." Those words are yours.

I quoted you twice already and cited the humor.  When you posted not long ago that the APO was all you want or need, I was tempted to lightheartedly ask how long you thought that would last. The usual forum time frame with these type statements is about 6 months.  Took you one.  Funny, is all.  Sorry if you don’t get the fun, with a polite jab.

Jeff

4 hours ago, joonas said:

Today I sold my SL, SL2 and M10 Edition Zagato plus all the lenses.

Now I'm left with M10M and APO50 only.

After mastering this combo I'll try how my colour photography has improved and maybe get a colour camera.

No! don't sell the Zagato...

• Haha 1

On 5/17/2020 at 10:12 AM, fotografr said:

That's exactly what has happened to me.  I feel that this combination is giving me the best camera and the best lens I've used in 40 years of photography.  I don't need or want anything else.

Couldn't agree more, Brent.  I had my 50 apo welded to my M10M.  😉

• Thanks 1