D-Lux 7 Firmware Update v2.0

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Thanks your reply. Got some assistance from my Camera shop and the new firmware properly installed. Now I am struggling with the Leica Photos 2.0 app. No photos from the camera will show up in the app. I also end up in the remote control mode when I connect app and camera. When I try to quit that mode I am disconnected. Also tried the geo tagging without success. Any clue how to solve this?

per

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2020 at 9:35 PM, cam20002 said:

My screen get's stuck on "version up ongoing" and "do not operate any of the buttons on the camera". Then nothing happens for a very long while. I have to remove the battery, then it seems to start up fine with the old firmware version...

Does anyone have any advice?

Hi I just got a second hand d lux 7 that's running on firmware 1.1.  I am running into the same problem as you did.   Did you manage to get the firmware of update?  Please help if you do!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2020 at 4:53 AM, n.jannes said:

iPhone Pro, iOS 13.4.1 combined with Fotos 2.1 and the new firmware, it works - in principle but not practical, I would say. I requires to unlock the IPhone and start the Fotos App for the first connection of the session. To continue GPS needs to be set to ‘always’ and Fotos the active app before locking the device.

I've updated the camera firmware, but haven't downloaded the phone app. If I understand, just to get GPS coordinates I would have to pay a yearly subscription fee and then would have to be sure Fotos is the active app each time I use the camera? Do I have that right?

I appreciate the info, but as you say, that hardly seems practical.

Edited by ho_co

vor 17 Minuten schrieb ho_co:

I've updated the camera firmware, but haven't downloaded the phone app. If I understand, just to get GPS coordinates I would have to pay a yearly subscription fee and then would have to be sure Fotos is the active app each time I use the camera? Do I have that right?

I appreciate the info, but as you say, that hardly seems practical.

Yes, you got that right, as far as to my experience. However, for that function - GPS connection - no subscription is required. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Attempting to update my D-Lux 7, the screen seems to be on the "Version up ongoing" message for quite some time and no progress seen on the bar below. 

Made sure battery was at 100% and used a clean newly formatted (through the camera) SD card with the firmware file at the top directory.

Does this just take a long time to update?  Saw in other messages some users having similar issues.  Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, dbchun said:

Attempting to update my D-Lux 7, the screen seems to be on the "Version up ongoing" message for quite some time and no progress seen on the bar below. 

Made sure battery was at 100% and used a clean newly formatted (through the camera) SD card with the firmware file at the top directory.

Does this just take a long time to update?  Saw in other messages some users having similar issues.  Any advice would be appreciated, thanks!

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

kept trying and it eventually worked!  had the camera plugged into a power source via usb while updating

• 1 year later...