D-Lux 7 Firmware Update v2.0

iPhone Pro, iOS 13.4.1 combined with Fotos 2.1 and the new firmware, it works - in principle but not practical, I would say. I requires to unlock the IPhone and start the Fotos App for the first connection of the session. To continue GPS needs to be set to ‘always’ and Fotos the active app before locking the device.

Edited by n.jannes

I installed the firmware file in the top-level of the SD card, put it back in the camera and turned it on, expecting the install sequence to start.  Nothing - everything was completely normal.  The instructions state a 'fully charged battery' - my battery showed full (I'd recharged only a day or so earlier).  Hmmm.  Put the battery on charge and waited for the little red light to go out then tried again and the firmware install screen appeared - so yes they really do mean a 'fully charged battery'!  The update proceeded through to completion successfully.

On 5/17/2020 at 8:58 PM, Keith (M) said:

I installed the firmware file in the top-level of the SD card, put it back in the camera and turned it on, expecting the install sequence to start.  Nothing - everything was completely normal.  The instructions state a 'fully charged battery' - my battery showed full (I'd recharged only a day or so earlier).  Hmmm.  Put the battery on charge and waited for the little red light to go out then tried again and the firmware install screen appeared - so yes they really do mean a 'fully charged battery'!  The update proceeded through to completion successfully.

Me too, display is blank.

On 5/17/2020 at 3:48 PM, HarryW said:

Does anyone know if the D-Lux 7 upgrade can be loaded onto the Type 109 D-Lux?

No it cannot, I had an email from Leica stating it MUST NOT be downloaded to the type 109......so please do not try.

Sometimes folks just download the Instructions:- You need to make sure you actually d/load the Update.. The No Images shows up when the Update is not on the card.. Format the card in the camera First.. I always fully charge the battery..  L

On 5/17/2020 at 8:58 PM, Keith (M) said:

Done. My firmware 2.0. I format SD card first and put the file to top level. Press Play button when I turn on camera. It take around 2 minutes to update. 

• 5 weeks later...

My screen get's stuck on "version up ongoing" and "do not operate any of the buttons on the camera". Then nothing happens for a very long while. I have to remove the battery, then it seems to start up fine with the old firmware version...

Does anyone have any advice?

Edited by cam20002

vor 6 Stunden schrieb cam20002:

My screen get's stuck on "version up ongoing" and "do not operate any of the buttons on the camera". Then nothing happens for a very long while. I have to remove the battery, then it seems to start up fine with the old firmware version...

Does anyone have any advice?

It is meant literally when it reads that the battery must be fully charged. 

Yes i read that, and tried it several times, with a full battery. Still, doesn't work...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

vor einer Stunde schrieb cam20002:

Hm - when it was going wrong for you, did you at least get to that warning that I got to?

Yes, on the first - unsuccessful - attempt I got exactly the same screen. On the second attempt - with 100% charged battery - the progress indicator, you see at the bottom, became active after a second or so.

• 2 months later...
vor 20 Stunden schrieb PTG:

Hi, downloaded the firmware update to my MacBook. Name of the zipped file is DLX7_V20.bin. When I tried to un-archive it I got a message saying that the format is not supported. Pls help. 

Per

Dear Per,

The file *.bin is not a zipped file. Thus, no need to un-archive.
This step is not listed by the instruction, either.
https://de.leica-camera.com/content/download/185013/5015241/version/2/file/Install_Instructions_FW_D-Lux7_2_0_EN.pdf

BR