Leica Compendium (Erwin Puts) original price?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

What was the original selling price for the 2011 (2nd edition?) of Erwin Puts "Leica Compendium" (published by Houten) - was it for sale commercially or could you only purchase it from Erwin?

I presume it's OOP

I have the option of purchasing a pristine copy of this text - the seller has asked me to name a price (what i am prepared to offer) - having knowledge of the original selling price will help me in making the decision wrt an offer range

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 hours ago, Pyrogallol said:

That is a completely different book, the Leica Compendium (without "Lens") was a much later work published as a limited edition (3000 IIRC) by Erwin himself.

10 hours ago, Ecar said:

That's the 1st edition, if I'm not mistaken. The 2nd edition has a white cover and a lot more content.

Infact : that's it, bought in 2011 at the same price ... with a little gift from the author... 😎

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

As a result of this thread, I found in a drawer, still in his wrapping, a totally new copy of the second edition of Erwin Put's "Leica Compendium". Unfortunately, my wife attended the discovery and "wondered" (soft rendering of her reaction) why I spent € 90.00 mailing included, for a "Leica item" in 2011, ten years after selling my Fontenelle collection. My "explanations" and the fact that she "knew" me for 60 years did not help to solve the problem. Result : have a look to the illustrated advertisement section...

• Like 1