Making the jump to Leica!!

vor 31 Minuten schrieb johntobias:

You can download the full manual and also request a free hard copy from Leica when you register the camera on their website

This is fully correct. Just note that the download version is completely outdated after new firmware version. So forget about an instruction manual from Leica. And if you ate of the opinion that this is the least thing to expect then . . . 

Here are my cameras: M 240, Q2, and Fujifilm X100V.  I moved to the Q2 from the Q and to the X100V from the X100F.  Had the Leicas before the Fujifilms - the reverse of what you are considering.  Here's my take:

I use the M 240 for projects and the Q2 for traveling.  The Q2 is a fantastic camera, and very simple to use.  I used it on my last European trip and the photos were outstanding; I always shoot RAW and post process with Capture 1; I used the Q2 rather than the X100F because the Q2 is weatherproof.  Once I read the reviews on the X100V, I concluded it was a few steps ahead of the X100F (better lens, weather proof to some extent, tilting LCD) and I bought it.  Very happy that I did.  I like the X100V for the quality of its JPEGs (I shoot RAW+Fine).   However,  I find the X100V to be complicated, control wise.  Nevertheless, I carry the X100V with me often; it is very well built and solid, and take superb photos.  

Regarding the posts that mention Rush: I was never a fan, but came to deeply appreciate their music and style.  When I lived in Pacific Palisades in LA, Neil lived three doors down from me. Although we were neighbors and had a few things in common (I ride motorcycles and am an amateur drummer), we never really got together.  After studying Rush and their music and watching their and Neil's videos, and reading some of Neil's books, I have to say Neil was the greatest rock drummer that has ever lived.

Best regards,

Vic

• Like 3