Discounted Summarit

tomasis7

Is there an official Leica announcement on this or is it 2nd hand info via a rep or dealer?

It would probably be helpful if Leica stated their reasoning for reducing the range or their plans (if any) for more new lenses. 

I suspect they've slashed the poorer selling items though, so no new replacements on the way. That was always the problem with the Summarit range, everyone says they want less expensive options but when Leica offer them the customers think they're inferior and would rather buy a 'better' lens used. Nobody will be impressed when you pull out your new Summarit lens at the club meeting! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, luigi bertolotti said:

curios they specify the Summarits BLACK... aren't the chrome impacted ? 🙄

Regarding the chrome ones, I believe they were already discontinued a while ago. I think that was announced last year. 

In 2019 I met Chicago based, known Leica professional and street photographer and he liked mine. He is using his FLE @f5.6 and liked the size of Summarit 35. I was at another rangefinder forum, club meeting once with mine Summarit on M4-2 again and it was not about lenses, but photography.

I know several people with Summarits on this forum and another two rangefinder forums. Never seen anything snobby towards them here. Except, my own concern with rubber ring on tele :). I never seen anyone admitting those lenses been inferior here or on the net. Pictures from those lenses always shows the opposite. No idea from where your assumptions comes from. In my world people are googling, reading, checking lens examples before buying. 

5 hours ago, earleygallery said:

That was always the problem with the Summarit range, everyone says they want less expensive options but when Leica offer them the customers think they're inferior and would rather buy a 'better' lens used. Nobody will be impressed when you pull out your new Summarit lens at the club meeting! 

vor 5 Stunden schrieb earleygallery:

Nobody will be impressed when you pull out your new Summarit lens at the club meeting! 

Why would anyone be impressed when I admitted owning a new lens? Why would I care?

• Like 2

Anyway.. i would be really curios to know the real numbers of Summarits made/sold during their lifecycle... expecially in comparision with similar brothers (35 vs. Summicron asph, 50 vs. Summicron std.) .. pity that I think is rather impossible to have those figures now... 🙄.  Personally, I feel something ironical in the fact that of my dozens of Leica lenses, the ONLY one that I bought brand new at a store has been my Summarit 75 , taken with M8   😉  and the Super Elmar 18 - also discontinued, was the only other lens I was tempted to buy new at a store...

• Thanks 1