T 701 -- still supported? A good SL backup for M lenses?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My main camera is the SL 601 and I mainly use M lenses.  My backup now is my Q which I dearly love and will never sell...

Since the last T firmware was version 1.9 in October 2018, should I assume that T support is nonexistent?

May I assume also that FOTOS does not support Leica T 701?

Should I bite the bullet and get a CL and fewer lenses?

Will CL get GPS from FOTOS like the SL2?

i still have my T701..occasionally use with M-50 summilux and a few very old Russian & Japanese Lenses..still works fine and produces beautiful images at ISO 800 and below..i don't care much about firmware updates, as there is not much to update on that hardware ;)

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I use my T (701) as a backup and companion to my CL. L-mount lens firmware updates seem to be the only potential future issue. The buffer is small, so a couple of shots in a row stall the saving process; JPEG only can alleviate a bit. While the screen is high resolution I do notice the zoomed live can have some rough pixelation; most noticeable if the scene is bright out.

Over-all I like the simpler menu than the TL2. The built in flash is nice to have over the 2. 

I just took it out for night shoots with a 60's era Nikon 55mm f/1.2. It did a nice job at 1600-3400 iso. (high contrast light and dark shots)