Sigma 45mm f2.8 L Contemporary

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Has anyone tried this lens on the TL2 / CL. For the price I thought it worth a try but am disappointed in that the aperture ring doesn’t seem to communicate with the camera even in MF mode, so you have to set aperture on the camera. I really like aperture rings so this is annoying - anyone else tried this combination ? 

2 hours ago, Boojay said:

The Sigma 45mm  (in L mount) Aperture ring works on the CL, all functions work as a native lens should.  Nice size on the CL, similar to 23mm TL and a really nice walk around.

Thanks - strange that the aperture ring works - I have the latest 1.5 firmware 

You’re out of luck

Leica did not issue new TL2 firmware for ages. Not even the much necessary one for L-mount full compatibility.

On the other hand, CL still got regular updates. Just like last FW 3.2 in February 2020. Which was for full compatibility with all Sigma and Panasonic lens special features, such as aperture ring or manual focusing ring.

Really sorry that Leica seems to have gave up on TL2 long ago. Latest FW 1.5 date to September 2018 ! 

Thanks nicci - I feared as much and such a shame as I love the TL2 as a complement to the M9.  I do think it would be better if Leica informed people of a camera no longer being supported - others may still be buying one ! 

Edited by noshtalja

6 hours ago, noshtalja said:

Thanks nicci - I feared as much and such a shame as I love the TL2 as a complement to the M9.  I do think it would be better if Leica informed people of a camera no longer being supported - others may still be buying one ! 

It certainly would, too bad of Leica not to update the firmware on the TL2.  I chose the CL simply because of the viewfinder, but both cameras were announced/available in the second half of 2017 and as such I would have expected them to have similar updates.