Show your M10 portraits taken with specific jpg settings

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi everyone,

I've used my M7 for a very long time and my M9 for a little less. I am interested in buying an M10-P (or maybe M10 undecided on that), so I am looking forward to the local Leica shop opening up soon in the next few weeks. I shoot mainly portraits (raw) but sometimes I go for leica jpgs too. On my M9 I've set saturation to medium low and contrast to high. Would any M10 owners who've shot portraits (indoor or outdoor, natural light or artificial) share their M10/M10-P jpg portraits taken at exactly those settings? 

Saturation: medium low (I believe only "low" is an option - stand to be corrected
Contrast: high

Thank you and stay safe,
Oliveir

Hello Oliveir,

As I'm old jpeg user myself, some older digital users kindly made me understand that jpeg files are for casual or rare use for special situations only.

I think that what you are asking can be difficult to obtain.

It would not be helpful at web images size which is far from possibility of M10 files.

Myself, I made some .jpeg on my M10 just to see ( comparing with my Monochrom at 10K ISO) in early 2017 when M10 was new, since then I happily only have DNG files.

Stay safe,

Arnaud

Thank you for your reply Arnaud. That’s a shame to be honest. For me it’s clear that raw always trumps jpg, but sometimes and on some occasions I don’t mind the camera Manning the colour choices for me, so I don’t have to spend time post. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By bernabei
      Hi everyone,
      I'll be moving away from my 12 year old Canon body and wanted a camera to use everyday. Given this requirement, I was keen on checking out the M10 with a 35 summicron. I recently tried this setup at a Leica store and really liked the compact RF setup. As an everyday camera, size/weight is definitely really important and this is one area the M system shines. However, I can't quite get over the fact that the skill set of the M is a little limited. A mirrorless camera will allow me to also dabble in the limited landscape/wildlife stuff I do whenever I travel. The SL2 S seems to be a camera which can do most things pretty well though it may not be the best as a camera to use during general day to day stuff. In the future (say in 1-3 years), I see myself having an M and a mirrorless due to their vastly different abilities but right now, I need to think about where to start. I think that a practical approach would be to start with a SL2 S and use an M 35 summicron with it. This would not be too large a setup and the SL system would allow me to use some other lenses for landscape or wildlife as the need arises. I've heard that the BSI sensor on the SL2 S is also really good and it would really excel in many scenarios. In a while (maybe when the M11 launches?), I could potentially get an M body and thereby have the best of both worlds. But as it stands today, I need to decide between the M10 + 35 summicron vs SL2 S + M 35 summicron and would love to hear your thoughts (both options are around 8k-9k USD). Any other suggestions are also welcome.
      I haven't used the SL2 S but how does it behave as an EDC with small M glass? Even if the size isn't too much more, does the extra weight (930 gms vs 660 gms for the M10) pose challenges? Is the M10 sensor dated now and am I better off waiting for a bit?
      Please let me know what you think!
      Cheers!
    • By Zero9
      I started with Leica m9 and fell in love with the manual focus, small and discrete of a Leica range finder. However, I have a poor eye sight and always wear glasses. Tried diopter but not really a solution.
      Then I got the m10 along with the evf. Although the evf doesn’t give the same rangefinder experience, I find it easier to focus with evf and magnifying than ovf, especially when shooting at low light or complex subject.

In terms of lenses, I have the following:
      35mm sim micron 7 elements 
      noctilux 50 1.0 v3
      summilux 50 1.4 asph
      summicron 90 2 apo asph
      With my poor eyesight, the only lens I’m comfortable with while using the ovf is the 50 1.4asph.
      I cannot fully see the 35mm frame line, and the 90mm is like a sniper scope.
      Recently a friend asked me if I want to switch my m10 with his sl2s in addition with some cash. I’m not considering any sl lenses in the near future, so probably just using a adapter along with my m lenses.

however,  I’m not really sure if the better electronic system and better evf will justify the additional weight and bulky body of a sl?
      any kind of input is appreciated!
      thanks 

• By dritz
      I purchased this new just a year ago. Barely used. I use my R lenses on an SL, so this is an unnecessary accessory for me.  Sale includes:
      Visoflex 020 base plate Leica nylon pouch box, instructions Lovely leather Art di Mano case (retails for $129 at Leica Store Miami) Shipping is at your expense and must be insured. Import duties at your expense.  Item ships from Seattle, USA.
      High resolution pictures (and more than the 5 permitted here) are here: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1d-te2fFJBZD0tXBS2xf5myb7zlmEFd84?usp=sharing.
      Thanks.
      dritz40 (on that auction site)
    • By sml_photo
      Has anyone else had any problems connecting the GPS to the M10 Monochrom?  Most of the time, I see in the rear screen that the GPS icon has an "x" through it...obviously not connected.
      I have the Visoflex connected to the camera and the GPS turned on in the menu. 
      I realize there are areas that pose a problem for GPS connections, but I have tried various types of environments.
      Am I missing something?  I've only had it connect sporadically over the past few weeks. 
      Thanks.
    • By Holger1
      Janina Mock, Produkttrainerin der Leica Camera AG, erläutert hier anschaulich die Leica Perspective Control:
      https://de.leica-camera.com/Fotografie/Leica-M/Leica-M10-R/Technische-Einblicke