Best M8 DNG converter?

KM-25

Advertisement (gone after registration)

So folks a good lesson today , is if you run into this just back off the focusing very slightly, images will still be plenty sharp but you can avoid this.

Kinda puts the backfocus threads into perspective doesn't it? It's an asset!:D

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can fix it manually in post (providing there is no detail in the moire). Mask out the offending section and copy and paste it to another layer. The green channel has the least moire in this case so I used channel mixer to make all 3 channels duplicates of the green so less blur is needed. Blur the image until the moire is gone. Use the mask to KO the bleed at the edges. Color balance to match the original.

It doesn't take long for something like this but I wouldn't want to be fixing a whole catalog of images. I did a partial section indicated by the red lines so you could compare. Second one has a slight amount of grain added for texture.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Guest guy_mancuso

John if you want to shoot tetehered with C1 you still have to use the digital capture software , than with C1 like LR you have to point to the same folder for it to work. So both software packages are open and working. i think that is the work around for C1 , in LR you auto import from that same folder. I usually make a folder on the desktop and use that

Version 4 is overdue from there promised dates

... it can happen and you don't know until post time.

When working in a controlled environment (like Guy's studio shot,) if you notice the moire at the time of capture, often rotating the camera a few degrees will eliminate or greatly reduce it. Also, moving slightly closer or farther away from the subject can have a similar effect. Making the pattern of the weave a different size or orientation is the key. Then you simply straighten the shot with a re-crop in post.

Doesn't always work completely, but it does almost always HELP, and reduces post-process fiddling (and time!)

T

I heard May for LE and July for Pro.

That was in the original photokina 06 press release wasn't it? Here's a thread with posts from Keith Carpentar at Phase One Support comments on releases.

A summary might be:

Posted on June 14 2007

"Full Support with Free UpDate 3.7.8 due at end of this month / early July

4.0 LE version UpGrade will arrive first followed by the PRO and DB versions.

All versions are expected later this year ~ 2007~ when they are ready for Final Release."

Posted on June 26 2007

"Currently, there is only an LE Alpha version, and No Beta Version of 4.0 is available. "

With LE in Alpha in late June one can only guess the rest.

Guest guy_mancuso

Well I did it and it took some work but i did a lot of lasso and feather and used surface blur which wiped it out completely but than i had to be careful with lines and such . But than added grain and brought it back . It looks pretty good now. Whew that was a little work

Guest guy_mancuso

heres the orginal again