Interesting Live Show on Leica CL/TL

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hope posting the link is OK, but the boys at the Leicastore Miami have been hosting Saturday evening live YouTube shows on various Leica Cameras. They’ve done the M, SL and now the CL/TL with good background and insight for those considering the platform.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the link. I was expecting a somewhat rambling performance which often happens with unrehearsed content. But this lengthy performance would benefit from some basic editing. The authors are busy people, so I doubt that would happen. Perhaps in future they could avoid talking across each other. 

They also had a discussion on the Q system, with more planned in coming weeks (Monochroms, etc). These are live discussions, with questions submitted by the audience in real time, not polished videos (all available for replay). Good information for those seeking info for each system, especially novice users, and also a bit of clever marketing for the products and for the store. Also some light entertainment for weekend isolation, including Josh’s sweet dog.

Jeff

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

They also had a discussion on the Q system, with more planned in coming weeks (Monochroms, etc). These are live discussions, with questions submitted by the audience in real time, not polished videos (all available for replay). Good information for those seeking info for each system, especially novice users, and also a bit of clever marketing for the products and for the store. Also some light entertainment for weekend isolation, including Josh’s sweet dog.

Jeff

Jeff, I do agree with you. I was a little too critical. The video is a bonus to the live event. But I still think it is possible to learn from live performances.

22 minutes ago, bsmith said:

David Farkas seemed to think that moving the CL focus point was possible on the LCD touch screen with a firmware update. . I wasn't aware that is possible, was he correct?

Yes if you have Touch AF turned on.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

9 hours ago, Boojay said:

Yes if you have Touch AF turned on.

no. , he looked through the viewfinder (not the LCD)  and was pretending to use his thumb to move the focus point on the LCD instead of using the 4 way buttons.  That would be great, but I don't think its possible. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bsmith said:

no. , he looked through the viewfinder (not the LCD)  and was pretending to use his thumb to move the focus point on the LCD instead of using the 4 way buttons.  That would be great, but I don't think its possible. 

Ah sorry -  but you asked if

moving the CL focus point was possible on the LCD touch screen

which of course it is.   I hadn't seen the video.  

Not sure I'm a fan of focussing how you describe anyway having experienced it on a previous camera, have enough trouble with the wondering focus point on the CL anyway.

I think they are wrong on being dismissive of vintage lenses. “Just for fun”  as they are ignoring that there are many lenses whose rendering is not offered by the more recent ones they are selling. It is not for nothing that Leica reintroduced the Summaron. 

• Like 6

19 hours ago, Boojay said:

Ah sorry -  but you asked if

moving the CL focus point was possible on the LCD touch screen

which of course it is.   I hadn't seen the video.  

Not sure I'm a fan of focussing how you describe anyway having experienced it on a previous camera, have enough trouble with the wondering focus point on the CL anyway.

Yes, me too its so annoying on SL too.  Never where you left it.   It can't be that hard to lock a focus point.  Thats why I hoped it worked as David demonstrated. ( by mistake) it would be great to use your thumb to quickly place it where you want to focus. The 4 way controller is god awful.    s  l  o  w.   !!!

• Like 2

David had a good suggestion for hikers and bikers. He wears the camera with a cross body strap, and secures it from bouncing using a spring-loaded (quick release) carabiner clip.  That may be useful for other situations too.  

Guys, thank you very much for the interesting video. Leica Miami  is a great place to check different cameras and talk to knowledgeable and friendly people that I recommend to everyone living in Florida. 

My warm regards to Kirsten whom I wish was also on the video. ;)

Stay well and safe; see you soon,

Louis (Charles)

• Like 3