Summilux 50mm pre asph E46 black paint weight?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Searched online but couldn’t find a definite answer on this. Can anyone help me? 
I am trying to find out if the lux 50mm E46 pre asph (pic below) weights 275g (same as the regular black model) or if it’s heavier? If anyone who has the lens can let me know the exact weight I’d really  appreciate it :) 

Edited by shirubadanieru

If it's brass made, I think that the lens may weight about 100g more than aluminium "same lens".

I don't have this particular lens, but already three lenses of the same optical cell, but different periods.

I bet that it would weigt more or less as my titanium coated brass Summilux-M 50mm pre-asph. (E46) at 368g without caps,

While my aluminium "same" E46 black lens only 275g nude as Leica stated in brochure.

Edited by a.noctilux

😉

2g heavier than my bet, not bad !

in real use, I prefer lighter lens (275g alu black), but the Lux Ti coated is so nice that I do appreciate the feeling of the focus ring smoothness and dumping,

when I use it.

Edited by a.noctilux

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Al Brown
      A polarizing question, but a fair one.

If one wanted to replace the screw above the lens (on, say, M-P or M10R black paint) with the red (or black) dot logo sticker, is the hole as big as the original logo sticker? Is the screw flat so one could just put the sticker over it? I found no topic of this sort but if it has been answered please do link to the thread.
      Thank you for your civilized answers, please no dumb discussions of "why would anyone want to do that?" kind, it is an academic question.

• By Khun Hans
      Tried to do  Multi-shot exposure on my SL2s with Summicron-M 50mm, Super-Elmar-M21mm, Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 35mm. File size 12000x8000=96MB.
      Terrible result with all 3 lenses and I thought of doing something wrong. Changed to a super rigid tripod and the results were the same bad. Pictures look at 100% kind of having poor resolution.
      Even the 1 shot DNG files are in no way the quality of the same lenses on my M10-R. I use the original  Leica M Adapter to L. All pictures shorter than 1/1000s. 100% crop.
      Anybody comes to the same conclusion.

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
    • By frame-it
      so i saw these today, the badly worn one is $9000, and the other is $11,000...but the standard silver one is $1700..all have perfect glass..but essentially they all have the same Elements right ?

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  

• By nuc001
      Hi,
      I've entered the world of Leica for a year or so with the Q2, after ditching photography and my Nikon D90 for 5-6 years. This forum has been a great source of information for me from the beginning when researching about the Q2, and has also most certainly fueled some GAS. Well one thing led to another and now I have the Q2 plus an M10-P and 35 Summilux FLE + 50 Summilux ASPH. 
      I got the 50 first and have been using it exclusively for the past 9 months (Only got the 35 last month). However, in the beginning of Jan 2021, I've noticed that I could not get as reliable focus with the 50 at F1.4 as I used to, even shots between 3-5m at F8 were out of focus dead centre. I did some research and testing and found out that the rangefinder patch did not align at infinity (got close but stops short). This happens with both the 35 and the 50, so it went off to get adjusted at Leica here in Bangkok. 
      After adjustment everything seemed to be ok. Rangefinder patch now align at infinity for both lenses (vertical still slightly off but not an issue) and I could focus reliably with the 50 at 1.4 again, even at minimum distance of 0.7m. However, some shots at 2-3 meters now seem a bit off. But yesterday, F2 shots from 0.7m were slightly blurry, and all shots at F2 from 2-5 meters were off. When zoomed in the photos are not sharp at all. 
      I then did a little test, taking photos slightly before the rangefinder patch aligned, which produced even blurrier pictures, and taking photos a bit pass the rangefinder patch alignment (about 1mm i.e. compensating for front focusing issues). The pictures taken with the rangefinder patch slightly past alignment were extremely sharp, as the 50 Summilux ASPH should be, and was when I first got it. I then swapped in the 35 Summilux FLE and did the same test at F1.4,  resulting in photos identical in sharpness. I am aware that the DOF difference of the 35 may be masking any effects that are shown on the 50, as the DOF of 35 at F1.4 is 60cm, and 50 at F2 is 40cm. Unfortunately I don't have any long Leica lenses to test with. 
      M10-P is still within it's 2 year warranty, bought 2nd hand but no dings or anything suggesting it has been dropped. Worked perfectly for the past 8 months as well. Both lenses were bought new and within warranty. Wondering what it might be. Maybe I need to send both the body for calibration again, but this time together with the 50 Summilux? I am really hoping that the lens does not have to go back to Germany.