Advertisement (gone after registration)

UK based Skyllaney Opto-Mechanics is in the process of bringing a new M mount 50mm f/2 Sonnar to market.  This looks to be an interesting lens:

https://www.35mmc.com/27/04/2020/bringing-a-new-m-mount-sonnar-lens-to-market-an-interview-with-chris-andreyo-skyllaney-opto-mechanics/

Here's more information about this lens:

https://skyllaney.com/2020/04/06/the-50mm-f-2-bertele/?contact-form-id=422&contact-form-sent=881&contact-form-hash=60b8582ecbd1598c46efad7fe640fb49c6a6b60e&_wpnonce=21bbb431e2#contact-form-422

Edited by Herr Barnack

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By TheGodParticle/Hari
      Most of us seem to be photographers as well as collectors.
      Show me your favorite lenses, old and new alike.
      I like the Noctilux range for the extreme apertures, but I prefer the Summilux range for the best speed:size/weight ratio.
      Here’s a Summilux gathering of 21, 24, 28, 35, 50 and 75mm. All in black. 

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By shirubadanieru
      Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone has used the Sonnar 50mm f1.5 on a M film body and can tell me if the focus shift is noticeable? 
      I used to have this lens and loved it's small size and bokeh, but the focus shift on my digital M was too much so I decided to sell it.
      Thanks in advance!
    • By mholper
      Hello,

I know I am pushing my camera sensor and lens to the limit by almost shooting straight into the sun. I do this because I want to achieve a cinematic effect. On my last shoot however I noticed a very strange flare issue: in the attached two photos there is a clear band on the top of the photo that is not affected by the lens flare. 

Has anyone seen this behaviour before? What could be the reason. I would prefer to have the flair everywhere consistently. Is this a sensor defect? Or maybe due to the 50 mm hood I use on the lens (although I doubt this can explain the rectangular nature of the artefact).

I look forward to hearing from you,

regards,

michel

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By hgkafa
      Hi everyone,
      I currently use the Zeiss Planar on my M240 and I am very happy with it. However, as I came from a world of Canon with a 50mm f1.2L, I really miss the speed. The Summilux is great, but can't afford it at the moment. As such, I am becoming very interested in the Zeiss Sonnar. The more I read about it the more I feel I need to experience this lens and it's infamous Sonnar glow. I have become haunted by the look of it, and it's not a matter of 1-stop of light anymore. I played with it in a camera shop and if felt wonderful.

Now, everyone says the Planar is a more all rounder than the Sonnar mainly due to the focus shift perhaps, but do you think it's a bad idea to replace the Planar with the Sonnar. Mind you, this will be my main lens for quite a while now. I have the 90 Elmarit-M as well, but not sure I will keep it. 

I have read the thread about the Sonnar vs Planar, so hopefully I am not repeating that. I am more concerned with "will the Sonnar be sufficient in 1 lens set up on the M240?"

Many thanks!
    • By gwpics
      There was a slight break in the many days of rain we have here in England, and I managed a short venture to the Christmas street market. This was taken with the Leica M9 and Zeiss 50mm Sonnar f1.5, and then post-processed in LR and SFX2. I hope you like it!

Gerry