Self isolation?

Louis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

CL + Nikkor 50mm, f/1.4

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 15

Just Alone...

2 hours ago, FrancoisF said:

Very good picture!

Leica CL + Nikon 50mm 1/1.4 is a great combo!

Thank you, Francois. Yes, I love to use this old lens. It always surprises me; but not very practical for street photography. AF works better for fast shots.

18 hours ago, Louis said:

Thank you, Francois. Yes, I love to use this old lens. It always surprises me; but not very practical for street photography. AF works better for fast shots.

I will buy the Leica CL and the Nikon lenses adapter. I have 24mm, 50mm, 55mm Micro, 135mm Nikkor lenses.

Currently, apart my combo Nikon D700 and Leica Elmarit R 90mm, I use my Fuji X100 original. The two batteries of my Leica D Lux 4 are dead, so I can't use it.

Take care and post pictures!

Regards.

François

• Like 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, FrancoisF said:

I will buy the Leica CL and the Nikon lenses adapter. I have 24mm, 50mm, 55mm Micro, 135mm Nikkor lenses.

Currently, apart my combo Nikon D700 and Leica Elmarit R 90mm, I use my Fuji X100 original. The two batteries of my Leica D Lux 4 are dead, so I can't use it.

Take care and post pictures!

Regards.

François

CL works so well with old Nikkor lenses, via Novoflex adapter. This adapter doesn't have any electronic connection between the camera and the lens and I am using my lenses like with a film camera.

You have a good collection of Nikkor lenses and if you are patient to use them manually, you would enjoy them. I had 135 but traded it as I was not using it often. Besides 28mm, 50mm, the excellent 85mm, I also have a Angenieux 35-70mm with Nikon mount that is amazing. But a little over sized on CL, although it works much more easier on T.

I used to have DLux 3, 4 and 5. I loved them and miss them a lot as pocketable cameras. Cellulars completely screwed up the Panasonic/Leica portable cameras. I found DLux 109 too big for  pocket and got rid of it after a while.

Enjoy shooting, dear friend,

Very best,

Louis

2 hours ago, Louis said:

CL works so well with old Nikkor lenses, via Novoflex adapter. This adapter doesn't have any electronic connection between the camera and the lens and I am using my lenses like with a film camera.

You have a good collection of Nikkor lenses and if you are patient to use them manually, you would enjoy them. I had 135 but traded it as I was not using it often. Besides 28mm, 50mm, the excellent 85mm, I also have a Angenieux 35-70mm with Nikon mount that is amazing. But a little over sized on CL, although it works much more easier on T.

I used to have DLux 3, 4 and 5. I loved them and miss them a lot as pocketable cameras. Cellulars completely screwed up the Panasonic/Leica portable cameras. I found DLux 109 too big for  pocket and got rid of it after a while.

Enjoy shooting, dear friend,

Very best,

Louis

Angenieux were/are excellent glasses. I never had one but I know they were of great optic quality!

All the best.

François

13 hours ago, FrancoisF said:

Angenieux were/are excellent glasses. I never had one but I know they were of great optic quality!

All the best.

François

As you  know, Angenieux is a French lens maker that has principally making lenses for movie cameras and  won Oscars for technical achievement. When this lens for Nikon was on the market in Paris, I rushed to get one. I don't know about todays glasses of its category, but in those days, it was the fastest  35-70  zoom with f/2.5.  It is amazingly sharp with a beautiful bokeh. Here, on my T with a Novoflex Nikkor adapter. 

Edited by Louis

Louis yes this is an excellent lens i have one myself. I first starting using the Angenieux lenses back in 56 when I got out  of the marine corps I was a photographer and bought  my first Exacta  with two Angenieux lenses,  a 35 and 90,  wish I had them now .

Edited by Henry Taylor
  • Like 1

On April 27, 2020 at 9:02 AM, Louis said:

As you  know, Angenieux is a French lens maker that has principally making lenses for movie cameras and  won Oscars for technical achievement. When this lens for Nikon was on the market in Paris, I rushed to get one. I don't know about todays glasses of its category, but in those days, it was the fastest  35-70  zoom with f/2.5.  It is amazingly sharp with a beautiful bokeh. Here, on my T with a Novoflex Nikkor adapter. 

Beautiful setting! You buy french, that's good! Remember the publicity "Vos emplettes sont vos emplois"?

• Like 1