Flashed

benqui

Advertisement (gone after registration)

with M240, Apo 90 and SF-40

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 8

Am 22.4.2020 um 14:42 schrieb fotografr:

I like everything about it except the shadow. I have a life long aversion to wall shadows from on-camera flash.

vor 16 Stunden schrieb DwF:

I feel a similar aversion but it's okay for me here. Maybe I'm like the softie cop who lets her off without a speeding ticket for some reason I can't quite articulate! ;)

David

It is very funny David and Brent because I like this wall shadows a lot with the flash. In fact I asked Sura to go closer to the wall to get this shadow! But as always, everyone to his taste. David I would love to have you as a softie cop because in real life, the German absolutely non softie cop took away my drivers license because of speeding for three months. Now I have to use the bicycle and have much more time to take landscape photos 😭 😭 😭

30 minutes ago, benqui said:

It is very funny David and Brent because I like this wall shadows a lot with the flash. In fact I asked Sura to go closer to the wall to get this shadow! But as always, everyone to his taste. David I would love to have you as a softie cop because in real life, the German absolutely non softie cop took away my drivers license because of speeding for three months. Now I have to use the bicycle and have much more time to take landscape photos 😭 😭 😭

I guess you'll be needing recommendations for a photo backpack. 😉

• Haha 1

vor 18 Stunden schrieb benqui:

... took away my drivers license because of speeding for three months.

I was caught speeding as well, two weeks ago on a completely deserted street (due to the current lockdown situation), so you have my sympathies (I am still waiting for the verdict though, as it was a roadside mobile radar unit and they don't stop you right away, but just send you some mail). Three months  revocation of a driver's license  must have been pretty serious speeding though :).

• Haha 1

Advertisement (gone after registration)

vor 26 Minuten schrieb wizard:

I was caught speeding as well, two weeks ago on a completely deserted street (due to the current lockdown situation), so you have my sympathies (I am still waiting for the verdict though, as it was a roadside mobile radar unit and they don't stop you right away, but just send you some mail). Three months  revocation of a driver's license  must have been pretty serious speeding though :).

My street was also completely deserted at 11:45 p.m. on a Sunday night!! Serious speeding is of course a matter of opinion, from my point of view it was not so bad.😉

• Haha 1

Well, having the tendency to see the positives, cycling certainly helps against the current lack of exercise.

There are some, who would see the lighting as a bit in the face, if you excuse the pun. But then, if we don't try something new, we just repeat ourselves. The shadow below the nose, typically the mark of a flashlight portrait,  has been nicely avoided.

Stefan

• Like 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb StS:

Well, having the tendency to see the positives, cycling certainly helps against the current lack of exercise.

There are some, who would see the lighting as a bit in the face, if you excuse the pun. But then, if we don't try something new, we just repeat ourselves. The shadow below the nose, typically the mark of a flashlight portrait,  has been nicely avoided.

Stefan

Thank you very much Stefan, this was my intention. Just trying something new, no matter what's the result. I have to say that (at the moment) I Iike it a lot and for sure I will use it when the natural light is gone or too dark.

• Thanks 1

On 4/23/2020 at 9:10 AM, benqui said:

Yes, but did you know you can also be ticketed for using OC flash and lose your camera for three months? True.

• Haha 1

vor 23 Stunden schrieb fotografr:

Yes, but did you know you can also be ticketed for using OC flash and lose your camera for three months? True.

Sorry, I did not know the new laws!! According to former laws it was taking a Canon for three months instead of a Leica

• Haha 1