Sign in to follow this  
frame-it

S3 FW 1.1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 1234
      For unknown reason(s) an oddity is happening with indicated exposure times seen in viewfinder. After making an exposure, for the next two exposures there is no variation in indicated exposure time when panning about with camera. After the third exposure, the indication again varies properly as you pan about different scenes. Then repeats. As if there were an unwanted exposure lock mode in effect for 2nd and 3rd shot of a 3 shot sequence..
      Cannot find any obvious settings error likely to be the cause. The bracketing is set to 0.
      Tried to reload latest firmware but it "completes" in about two seconds so never happened. Does Leica determine the actual present checksum of the loaded firmware and decide that a reload is not necessary??
      What am I missing here? Thanks.

• By Shashinka
      Apologies if this topic is already in the system by me, but for some reason I could not find what I had posted.
      Anyway the issue I seem to be having since updating the firmware to v2.0 is that I have had a couple of crashes, or my camera locking up.  The on/off button does nothing, the OLED display and LCD are still on.  The only remedy to reset is to remove the battery.  So far its happened 3 times.  Anybody else experiencing this?
    • By Shashinka
      I wonder if anyone else if experiencing the SL2 freezing, no response, even if I switch off the OLED display and LCD panel still show information.  This only seems to have happened after I updated to the latest firmware V2.0.  The only action is to remove the battery and then start again.  This has happened 2-3 times in the last week or so.  So not immediately after the update, which is slightly more concerning.  
    • By onasj
      With the important caveat that this post is largely speculation, let's anticipate the performance characteristics of the M10-R sensor.
      The Leica S3 sensor is 45x30 mm (1350 sq mm) and the DNG files are 9816 x 6512, for a total pixel count of 63,921,792 pixels, or 47,349 pixels per sq mm
      The Leica M10 Monochrom sensor is 36 x 24 mm (864 sq mm) and the DNG files are 7864 x 5200 = 40,892,800 pixels, or 47,330 pixels per sq mm.
      The pixel density of the two sensors is so similar that I assume the discrepancy comes from non-scaling edge usage factors, and/or small 0.01 mm-scale rounding errors in sensor size.
      So if we assume that the S3 sensor and the M10 Monochrom sensor come from the same process, differing only in size and the presence of the Bayer color filter array in the former, then it's reasonable to assume the M10-R sensor also comes from the same process, and is basically a 36 x 24 mm crop of the S3 sensor (as others have hypothesized in this forum previously).  
      If this reasoning is correct, then you can expect the M10-R sensor to be the same as the M10M sensor, plus a Bayer CFA, and to perform more or less the same as the S3 sensor on a per-square-mm basis.  Therefore, I would expect:
      - DNG files that are 7864 x 5200 = 40,892,800 pixels
      - Dual gain design
      - 4.6 µm pixel pitch
      - Base ISO = 100
      - ISO range = 100-50,000 (basically one stop lower than the 160-100,000 ISO range of the M10 Monochrom, as one might predict from the lack of the Bayer CFA in the M10M)
      - 14 bits per pixel
      Good ISO 12,500 photos and decent ISO 25,000 photos would be terrific, and a significant improvement over the M10/M10-P, as noted here:
      https://photorumors.com/2019/01/20/mega-shootout-sony-leica-and-phase-one-comparison/