iPad Pro Blowing out random file

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi recently am encountering when I import raw files from my Leica Camera when using iPad Pro and LR, a random picture will be destroyed, leaving the file not importable.  I have used different SD cards, and this happening on both my 246 Monochrom and m10-p camera's.  anyone else have this issue, or is there a setting I am missing.  By the way, when I use the Laptop, everything works just fine and no photo's on the SD card blown out.

1 hour ago, MLeica said:

Also, if i format the card in camera and take photos, than import photos on iPad, all is good.  

I don't know if you noticed but you answered your own question.

Always format the card in the camera you are using the card in, not in a similar camera, not via a PC etc. And a good way to keep the card fresh is to format the card as a way of deleting the pictures from it.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Okay, so here is the problem.  I format card, take some pictures and upload via iPad, and than remove card and no erasing or deleting of any photos and put same card as is back into camera and resume taking photos, and than next time when I want to transfer new photos taken, the next picture taken in sequence will show up as a blacked out photo, 0 bytes and that file can’t be downloaded.  This would be a bad scenario possibly always missing a potentially good picture.  I doubt if you were on vacation you would format card after downloading, you would want to keep it on the card as back up.

So take one random image before you start using the  card. However, I suspect that your iPad writes something to the card that causes this error. Use best practice: lock the card before inserting it into the reading device.

• Like 1