Sign in to follow this  
Herr Barnack

There is beauty in being restricted to black-and-white

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just now happened to stumble upon this essay on the M10 Monochrom which is accompanied by a nice set of sample images. 

In thinking about the concept of a black and white only digital camera in general and about the M10 Monochrom in particular, I was smitten with a thought that I cannot shake free of:  The M 10 Monochrom may well be the pinnacle of the digital M camera. 

It is going to be an awfully hard act to follow.  If anyone can best the M10 Monochrom, it would have to be the gents and ladies of Werzlar.

https://www.popphoto.com/story/gear/hands-on-leica-m10-monochrome/

What is it you want to say which is worth opening a thread for? I don’t understand. Yes the M10M is some sort of top of the bill somewhere, and...?

Posted (edited)

I just wanted to share the review with others, that's all.  People do that sometimes.

Edited by Herr Barnack

4 minutes ago, Herr Barnack said:

I just wanted to share the review with others, that's all.  People do that sometimes.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Johnclare369
      Hi all
      I've not used flash very much apart from as fill-in for portraits, but I have an upcoming project that may require a little more of it. I have a Leica SF40 flash which I know can work as a slave when combined with the right master unit. 
      Any suggestions as to what the right master unit would be?
      Thanks.

• By Herr Barnack
      This is an old-ish (5 months) review, but IMHO it is worth reading if you are on the fence with regard to purchasing the M10 Monochrom.
      This camera costs a lot of money, but make no mistake:  There is no other camera even remotely like it being made anywhere in the world.

Hands-On Review of the Incredible Leica M10 Monochrom
      https://www.bhphotovideo.com/explora/photography/hands-on-review/hands-on-review-of-the-incredible-leica-m10-monochrom
    • By gwpics
      Taken in my hometown of Southampton with the Leica M9 + 35mm Summarit-M f2.5 in 2016. Just processed into b&w from the original .dng file using Lightroom Classic. 1/500th f4.8 @ 200iso.
      Gerry

Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!
    • By :hinting image
      Started a new blog and shared my experience with M10 and a vintage Elmar 35mm. Comments and feedbacks are welcome.
      https://hintingimage.com/uts-business-school-leica-m10-elmar-35mm-screw-mount-the-alternative-approach-to-my-architectural-photography
      Hello guest! Please register or sign in to view the hidden content. Hallo Gast! Du willst die Bilder sehen? Einfach registrieren oder anmelden!  
    • By gwpics
      From the archives - Brittany, France.
      Leica M6 + 50mm Summicron f2. Film is Kodak T400CN commercially processed.
      Gerry

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy