Show me your Brassed Safari

vor 1 Stunde schrieb TheGodParticle/Hari:

Guess, most Leica Safari photo gear never saw any squirrels at the nearest parks.
Even offered old R3 safari and its matching lenses look far too perfect to have been ever used in desert, steppe or jungle.
More worn Leica Safari I only noticed on some of those very seldom old German military M3 and M4 and those were called simply green at that time and not Safari, ( - perhaps because Germany had lost its African and all other colonies already at 1918🙂 - ).

7 hours ago, mnutzer said:

Guess, most Leica Safari photo gear never saw any squirrels at the nearest parks.
Even offered old R3 safari and its matching lenses look far too perfect to have been ever used in desert, steppe or jungle.
More worn Leica Safari I only noticed on some of those very seldom old German military M3 and M4 and those were called simply green at that time and not Safari, ( - perhaps because Germany had lost its African and all other colonies already at 1918🙂 - ).

“Guess, most Leica Safari photo gear never saw any squirrels at the nearest parks.”

LOL!! That really had me laughing out loud 😂 

9 hours ago, gbealnz said:

LOL, James started a thread in the bar, about Cabin Fever GAS, good read. Got me surfing too, but so far my piggy-bank hasn't been breached. So far.

If this lockdown continues, it’s only a matter of when 

For all my insanely high film shooting requirements of maybe 2 rolls per year, that anyway end up in a drawer to be developed in 10 years, I’ve acquired a rather nice M7 already and some other M film bodies are also on the way 😂 

1 hour ago, earleygallery said:

I'd love a Safari R3, but it won't show brassing. The problem in buying one to use is that R3's now seem to be time bombs in that so many are failing with metering and shutter faults, yet they still seem to command relatively high prices.

Yes, all R bodies will conk off sooner or later. My R3E is lying around for nostalgic purposes, having never seen a roll of film exposed by me 🤫 

Why won't the Safari R3 show brassing? Is the body not made of brass?  

Nobody here with a brassed M240 safari or M10 safari!? 

On 4/12/2020 at 2:46 AM, earleygallery said:

The problem in buying one to use is that R3's now seem to be time bombs in that so many are failing with metering and shutter faults.

Lately, I'm selling many vintage bodies, not so much Leica as other brands, some collectibles.  Many issues with failing shutters, meters, plastics, foam seals.  Keepers for me are the Leicaflex, Lieca R4, Canon F1n, Nikon F2AS.  Proceeds from bodies going to Leica lenses, M primarily;  electonics are ruling the lens world currently, including Leica, what will become of them, their longevity is not assured.  

Sorry OP, no R3 body to show (brassing).  Re: M body purchases, the M5 intrigues me and I don't know why it garners so much dissatisfaction, my only hesitancy is < 2 rolls of film and the movable meter cell.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

One way to find out 

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 1