MOOSP or FVOOQ, and maybe BOOQZ, and an unknown one

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Hi,

Is there really a way to distinguish between MOOSP ("15mm extension collar for TELYT 200cm") and FVOOQ ("Extension ring F, 15mm", for use with ZWTOO-ESUM), when they are unmarked?

I'm asking because I have one of them, and it is unmarked, and I guess it could be either. You can see it in the picture below, 1st from the left. Since it was in a mix with a BOOQZ ("Extension ring B, 7mm") and a GVKOO ("Extension ring G, 30mm", not pictured), I'm going to assume that it is a FVOOQ.

The 2nd from the left is also unmarked, but it looks (in height and threads (visoflex-to-visoflex)) very similar to the 3rd from the left, which is a BOOQZ (from the "B"). Could it be that? Any other opinion?

The 4th from the left is completely unmarked. The male is for visoflex, but the female is too large do be either a visoflex or for the lens head of the Hektor 13.5cm 1:4,5 (the only lens head I have) or, I guess, heads of the same size. I do not know what it could be. Any idea?

Thanks,

Matteo

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by rionda
Small typos

Just an suggestion, I have in front of me a generic adapter M39 M to M42 F (I use for pentax thread lens).

This 39-42 adapter can be as your 4th one.

I have another ring "same function" 39-42 with marking "B" Japan (I think it may be Asahi Pentax made)

I have three MOOSP / 14020 extension rings.  Two are chrome and one is black.  All three are engraved with "Telyt f = 20cm" or "14020K 1:4.5/200 1:4/200".  All three also have linear knurling, not cross hatch knurling.  And the knurling is near the male thread end, not near the female thread end.

23 minutes ago, zeitz said:

I have three MOOSP / 14020 extension rings.  Two are chrome and one is black.  All three are engraved with "Telyt f = 20cm" or "14020K 1:4.5/200 1:4/200".  All three also have linear knurling, not cross hatch knurling.  And the knurling is near the male thread end, not near the female thread end.

Right. Laney shows the BOOXZ, FVOOQ, and GVKOO with the cross hatch knurling similar to what I show, hence my hypothesis of it being a FVOOQ. Still, both MOOSP and FVOOQ are 15mm, and they both are visoflex-to-visoflex, so I guess they can be used interchangeably...

Thanks,

Matteo

MOOSP / 14020 is a 15mm LTM (L39 thread) extension tube.  The 200mm Telyts have a close focusing distance of about 10 ft.  A 15mm extension tube allows them to cover the range of about 6 to 10 ft.  Any 15mm extension tube would serve the same purpose.

• Thanks 1

I scored this lot of extension tubes (ranging from 7 to 90mm) in a box of Leica goodies a couple of years ago (wasn't sure what to do with them & didn't know if they could be used with the Leica system - were all screwed together as one single piece & initially difficult to separate - probably been together for years) - there are no Leica markings (as described by Rionda in the initial post - my rings look like those shown there), only the size stamped in mm on the outside (cept for the 7mm one) - these are generic (non Leica branded) tubes IMHO but now I realise I have  BOOXZ, MOOSP/FVOOQ & GVKOO rings. Will be able to use the MOOSP with my 200 f4.5 Telyt - nice!!

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have this, it says Telyt f=20cm and is 15mm long, but does not have a code on it.

Just to complete information, two photos from my archives : four versions of MOOSP black or chrome (including one with engraving error), and a series of E. Leitz New York extension tubes 7 to 90 mm (one, chrome engraved B, is equivalent to the German 7mm BOOXZ and not BOOQZ as first quoted) codes FUSEV (7mm), FUFIF (15mm), FULPO (later FULFO, 30mm), FUFOR (45mm), FULGX (60mm) and FULHI (90mm). The set of eigth - here 12mm FULOR and 22mm UBECD are missing - was coded FUECD. In the German system, next to the BOOXZ, one had only the FVOOQ (15mm), GVKOO (30mm) and ZOOMF (50mm), and later VWOOU (26mm).

• Like 1

I think the extension tube marked 'B' in the OP may be one from a Leitz BEOON film copying set. I will get mine out later today and take a comparison shot. I have a set of M39 extension tubes made by Periflex that in reality I have never used but they only cost me a couple of pounds at a photo fair. 

Wilson

4 hours ago, wlaidlaw said:

I think the extension tube marked 'B' in the OP may be one from a Leitz BEOON film copying set. I will get mine out later today and take a comparison shot. I have a set of M39 extension tubes made by Periflex that in reality I have never used but they only cost me a couple of pounds at a photo fair. 

Wilson

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for the suggestion, but the B ring of my BEOON is much much "taller" than the B ring I show in the picture. Also, did they ever make BEOON in black? Mine is green/gray hammertone.

Thanks,

Matteo

3 minutes ago, rionda said:

Hi Wilson,

Thank you for the suggestion, but the B ring of my BEOON is much much "taller" than the B ring I show in the picture. Also, did they ever make BEOON in black? Mine is green/gray hammertone.

Thanks,

Matteo

Matteo, 

Now that I have got my BEOON out of its box, you are absolutely correct. They must have run out of the green-grey paint when mine was made as it is finished in a blue-grey hammertone paint. Also there is no knurled ring on the BEOON extension tubes, unlike my Periflex ones which all have a knurled ring to ease unscrewing them. 

Wilson

Just now, a.noctilux said:

From my Beoon set, the "B" hammertone paint ring is 8.6mm tall.

Matteo, had you measure the diameter of your "B" ring ( 3th of the pix) if it's 42mm ?

Just curious.

The B ring in my picture goes from "visoflex" to "visoflex", I don't know the specification for the visoflex thread, sorry, and I don't have a caliper (yet).

The PLOOT / Visoflex I / OUBIO L39 thread is exactly the same as the camera L39 thread.  There is no unique Visoflex thread.  L39 is 39mm diameter with 26 threads per inch.  It is not M39 which would be 39mm diameter and 1.0 mm thread pitch.  The diameter is nominal because the inside of a female thread has to overlap with the outside of a male thread for the two pieces to thread together.  A calipers won't help much on thread diameter because they are nominal and not real.  You need a set of thread gauges to measure thread pitch.

There are many unique threads for lens heads and the associated focusing mounts and bellows adapters.