The square box position inside the finder is strange

heobro

Advertisement (gone after registration)

The square box position inside the viewfiner is range

It seems to have moved slightly to the right and you can see the space in the marked area.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by heobro

I can see what you mean. It looks like the black mask in the ocular not being perfectly centered. Mine seems to be ever so slightly off in the opposite direction than yours and also somewhat off vertically. I don't think it has any effect on viewfinder FOV or rangefinder precision.

What 'space' do you see? I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to show me, are you saying this is what you see through the viewfinder, or what you see when the window itself is photographed? Is the problem, whatever it is, when you photograph the viewfinder window, or when you look through the viewfinder?

Edited by 250swb

I understand you are referring to the mask just inside the eyepiece, is that correct?  It does appear to be slightly off center, but unless is continues to move and becomes an annoyance I don't think it will make any difference.  I had not ever thought about this particular issue until you mentioned it, but mine seems off a tad in the opposite direction and I had never noticed.

With a 28 mm lens mounted can you still see all the frame lines?  If so, I suspect I'd just ignore it.

Unless you're comfortable pulling the top off, which I'm told is not really that big a job.  Then I assume you could move it back.

If you are referring to the rangefinder patch that's different.

Edited by Good To Be Retired

Advertisement (gone after registration)

3 hours ago, 250swb said:

어떤 '공간'이 보입니까? 나는 당신이 나에게 무엇을 보여 주려고하는지 전혀 모른다. 당신은 이것이 뷰 파인더를 통해 보는 것입니까, 아니면 창 자체가 사진을 찍을 때 보는 것입니까? 뷰 파인더 창을 촬영할 때 또는 뷰 파인더를 통해 볼 때 문제가 무엇입니까?

There is space on the left side of the viewfinder.
However, there is no space in the right viewfinder.

1 minute ago, roverover said:

방금 M10을 보았는데 왼쪽에 동일한 공간이 있습니다. 나는 이것이 정상이라고 생각합니다.

I called Service Center Lieca

I was answered that it was no problem.

thank you!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, heobro said:

There is space on the left side of the viewfinder.
However, there is no space in the right viewfinder.

Please correct me if I am wrong.    Is this is a factory standard/unmodified M10 body?? .It doesn't look right.  Not Leica manufacturing.     Has Someone modified the top plate around the eyepiece and left edge of the body and not reassembled everything correctly.   It has a film of non-smooth plastic added on the top plate. Is this normal on a black body????    You can see where it ends halfway across the eyepiece .   I only have a silver M10 (which doesn't have this)  so I may be wrong.

Very interesting.

The OP needs to know the history of this M10.

vor 10 Minuten schrieb lucerne:

It has a film of non-smooth plastic added on the top plate. Is this normal on a black body????    You can see where it ends halfway across the eyepiece .

Yes indeed, looks like a homemade additional strap protector, or did an early owner try hide some damages?

4 hours ago, lucerne said:

Please correct me if I am wrong.    Is this is a factory standard/unmodified M10 body?? .It doesn't look right.  Not Leica manufacturing.     Has Someone modified the top plate around the eyepiece and left edge of the body and not reassembled everything correctly.   It has a film of non-smooth plastic added on the top plate. Is this normal on a black body????    You can see where it ends halfway across the eyepiece .   I only have a silver M10 (which doesn't have this)  so I may be wrong.

Very interesting.

The OP needs to know the history of this M10.

I put on a protective film and quit.