Safari / Handgrip color?

nameBrandon

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I'm trying to figure out how to handle the handgrip on a Safari M10-P. As far as I know, Leica sells them in Silver and Black, and regardless of color choice, the leatherette is black. Does anyone have photos of how that looks? I know I could send in a grip to get re-leathered but I really don't want to deal with the time involved in doing that. I much prefer a grip over a thumbs-up, so wondering what some options might be and what others have done? 

1 minute ago, jdlaing said:

There’s your answer. 😃

And that is where I'm leaning. My concern is more around the black leatherette on top of the olive green leatherette. 

Admittedly a first world problem here, but am curious how others have dealt with this.

Edited by nameBrandon

1 hour ago, nameBrandon said:

And that is where I'm leaning. My concern is more around the black leatherette on top of the olive green leatherette. 

Admittedly a first world problem here, but am curious how others have dealt with this.

Contact Cameraleather

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Erikvw said:

NameBrandon, i paid about € 75,00 but it took about 2 weeks that i had to mis the grip.

I think I could survive that. I'm assuming if it 2 weeks it was sent to Germany?  I wonder if Leica can do it within the USA.. will have to ask. Your grip turned out beautifully! 

Some quick photoshop hacks (my apologies to those actually good at photoshop). I think I'm leading towards silver.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

2 hours ago, nameBrandon said:

I think I could survive that. I'm assuming if it 2 weeks it was sent to Germany?  I wonder if Leica can do it within the USA.. will have to ask. Your grip turned out beautifully! 

No it was not send to Germany, Leicastore Amsterdam has send it to a company somewhere in Holland that do things like that for Leica. I don’t know the name.

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb nameBrandon:

Some quick photoshop hacks (my apologies to those actually good at photoshop). I think I'm leading towards silver.

Also a green base plate would be looking better.
I changed the brown leather strap for an original green Leica Neopren neck strap.

21 hours ago, nameBrandon said:

Missing the black lens.  But custom seems your best option.

Jeff

FYI, here's black grip and a black lens. Not in love with it, but not terrible. 

Cameraleather said they couldn't match the Safari green leather from Leica. Tamarkin wasn't aware of any US based operations that could re-leather a grip in Safari green.

Planning to reach out to Leica Miami / SoHo / etc.. and see if perhaps they have some leads.

Might have to send a grip to @Erikvw in Amsterdam and get his help.. :P

• Like 1