MP Framelines stuck, will this affect focusing?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

My apologies if this is a common question, but the framelines on my Leica MP recently became "stuck" on 35mm. I have several other lenses, but the framelines do not switch when attaching them, nor when I move the front lever.

Does this issue affect whether the rangefinder will show correct focus when taking images? Or is it purely for the purposes of estimating composition? I just want to know if I can continue to use this camera before sending it off to be fixed.

Thank you kindly

My M7 frames are also stuck on 35mm, not helpful when the lines I need are the 50/75mm ones for my 75mm Summarit, but .....

In my instance I can unstick it by rotating the focus ring of my 75mm lens all the way back and forth (say 50+ times) and the correct framelines slowly reappear, whilst the incorrect 35mm framelines simultaneously slowly disappear!

Of course, if I touch the front lever or take the lens off - I’m back to square one with this process.

Mine stuck on 50 recently and wouldn't show 35.  I took my 50mm lens on and off an bunch of times and flicked the frameline selector lever back and forth and bunch and it finally unstuck and seems to be working normally now.  Obv, now is not a good time to send your camera out.