How do I find a M7 A LA CARTE - Black paint?

i think you are after a rare item so I'd focus on sites that specialize on rare goodies.  Won't hurt to call/email dealers and let them know what you want and ask to be put on a waiting list.  I  have done that a couple of times and gotten results.

11 hours ago, RayD28 said:

i think you are after a rare item so I'd focus on sites that specialize on rare goodies.  Won't hurt to call/email dealers and let them know what you want and ask to be put on a waiting list.  I  have done that a couple of times and gotten results.

Like who? Any ideas / suggestions? 

17 minutes ago, gbealnz said:

It MUST be black paint?

If not, https://www.agfcamera.com/collections/leica-film-digital-camera/products/leica-m7-0-72-film-camera-a-la-carte-w-ostrich-brown-leather-mp-finder-85927

No affiliation, but I have bought from, and sold to them, numerous times, very e asy and honest to deal with.

Gary

Yes - I have a black chrome. I want a black paint - like I really want a black paint

19 hours ago, M10Alpine said:

Like who? Any ideas / suggestions? 

I'd start by contacting Leica Stores and boutiques and Tamarkin, Popflash, Leica Shoppe, Joe Geier in Vienna, Schouten in Nederlands.  I'd also check eBay for sellers offering rare camera equipment because they often have brick & mortar stores you can contact. Popflash recently had an ALC MP that I recall was black chrome, .58 VF and had an M7 rewind crank. Hope you find what you are looking for.  

• Like 1

I was wrong about exotic MP that Popflash had -- it was black paint.

I agree with Otto about the price going up.  A good price will entice brokers, which is what a dealer is if he/she knows someone owning a unique camera the owner did not plan to sell.  Of course an owner not planning to sell will need a good price for motivation.   Supply and demand and it sounds like the OP has plenty of demand.  

Buy a regular M7 and send it to Wetzlar to have them change it into black paint. I did this in 2017.

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Paul Verrips
  • Like 10

@james.liam & RayD28 and the rest, here's a copy & paste from my mail with Leica in 2017:

Dear Paul,

I just got done talking to our technician and was told that a top MP cover plate in black paint is not available for the Leica M7. 
What is possible though is the exchange of your top cover plate with a M7 black paint top cover without engraving. 
Well, it is not completely without engraving as Leica Camera Germany is engraved on the back of the top cover but it will also be filled with black paint so it isn´t so visible.

As for the bottom plate, here you could get the plate from the MP black paint but with the engraving “open/close” or the bottom plate in black paint of the M7 without any engraving.

If you are talking about the rewind knob in front of the camera, this can also be changed as requested.

About the lever, are we talking about the rewind lever? That can be exchanged too.

It can also be exchanged with the MP version

The costs for all of this will be about 800 EURO

Mit freundlichen Grüssen / Kind regards

Andrea Frankl

Leica Camera AG
Customer Care
Am Leitz-Park 5, D-35578 Wetzlar / Germany

• Like 2

22 hours ago, RayD28 said:

I'd start by contacting Leica Stores and boutiques and Tamarkin, Popflash, Leica Shoppe, Joe Geier in Vienna, Schouten in Nederlands.  I'd also check eBay for sellers offering rare camera equipment because they often have brick & mortar stores you can contact. Popflash recently had an ALC MP that I recall was black chrome, .58 VF and had an M7 rewind crank. Hope you find what you are looking for.  

Tony at Popflash has gotten good word of mouth