Lightroom Classic 9.2 - no import of photos

UliWer

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I cannot import photos to Lightroom Classic 9.2 what ever I try: neither from the SD-card, nor from the desktop, not from an attached SSD disc. With the former version of Lighroom CC 2015 or "Photoshop Lightroom" (v. 3.2) or Photoshop 2020 I have no problems.

Did anybody realize similar problems with Lightroom Classic 9.2  - or does anybody know a solution? 

Don't know if it will be helpful but had recently the same problem with Lightroom 5. Turned out that on the same location I was trying to import from there were mp4 movie files. Once these were removed to another location the photos did load into Lightroom.

Regards

Gerd

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Exodies:

Have you paid the rent? ...

This really might be a reason. I paid the amount for a year - but originally for the "Lightroom Plan" with 1 TB Cloud storage, which was a fault. Then I changed  to the "Photography" Version with 20 GB storage. Perhaps the new "plan" isn't registered properly (though I can use Photoshop without problems, which is only included in the new plan).

I'll look at this and will report what I found out.  

Edited by UliWer

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Another thought, in Catalina programs can have disk access limitations.  Check System Preferences/Security&Privacy/Security/Full Disk Access and make sure Lightroom has full disk access.  I had manually go through that to give the Canon Print Studio plug-in for Photoshop full disk access before it would work even though Photoshop worked.

Uli, it would also be helpful if you gave details on what computer and operating system you are using.  Don't hesitate from having an on-line chat session with Adobe.  I have found them to be excellent.

• Like 1

vor 44 Minuten schrieb zeitz:

Check System Preferences/Security&Privacy/Security/Full Disk Access and make sure Lightroom has full disk access.

Exactly this was the reason! Only my old version of Lightroom CC 2015 had full access, but not the new one!

Thank you very much for the explanation, and you are right, one should mention the used hard- and software if one asks about a computer problem: MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 on Mac Mini (2018)

• Like 1