D.C. Under Soft Quarantine, An SL2 Visual Diary

johnbuckley

Advertisement (gone after registration)

This is a horrible moment, for the planet and all of us, and my heart goes out to people in Italy and Spain, Seattle and New York, and the afflicted everywhere. One way I've been trying to process exile from the office and working from home is taking my SL2 out, mostly quite early in the morning or in the evening, and practicing, not street photography -- I'm keeping my distance from people -- but something akin to urban landscape photography. 

I wrote about this in a visual essay I hope you might enjoy.

I'll keep posting images on my photo site, which happily has higher resolution than the blog.

I hope everyone on the LUF stays healthy and well. And practices safe photography. Terrible times. I hope these images offer some momentary respite.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

The write up is as good as the images. Stay healthy out there. In Australia, we aren't allowed out for non-essential travel, so photographic trips like this are a no-no unless I want be fined AUD $1700. Keep shooting for as long as you can.