Is a 'slower shutter' than 'fps rate' in Video Mode possible? (Leica SL)

M8range

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Video Mode question: (Leica SL)

Does anyone know how to set the 'shutter speed' to slower than the 'fps rate' in video mode to create 'shutter/motion blur effects' in camera?

It seems to only go as low as the fps rate no matter what I try, perhaps someone has a work-around or tip?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by M8range
Clarification re: Camera

If you think what means 24FPS, 24 exposure in one sec. 

If you would have a longer exposure time you will run out of time to exposes 24 frames.

In alternative you can do time-lapse photography and edit it into a video clip. In this case you can make 1sec exposure and them make a 11fps video.

Here's an example of the effect I wish to create... If I can shoot at 1/15th or a second I should be able to achieve this, however, at 24 fps I cannot shoot at slower than 1/25th... It wont matter that I don't have enough frames, because I could simply repeat some frames, however, with a shutter faster than 15th its almost impossible to achieve the blur I'm looking for...

53 minutes ago, Photoworks said:

If you think what means 24FPS, 24 exposure in one sec. 

If you would have a longer exposure time you will run out of time to exposes 24 frames.

In alternative you can do time-lapse photography and edit it into a video clip. In this case you can make 1sec exposure and them make a 11fps video.

Sorry first time posting, think I was supposed to quote you in my response? thanks for replying/helping...

Can't you obtain the effect you want by setting your shutter speed for the desired blur, then running in continuous?  The camera won't go any faster then than the shutter will permit.  Then, as suggested, collect the frames in a video editor and duplicate or combine as needed to get 24 fps video out of it.