Sign in to follow this  
oka

Support closed down

Advertisement (gone after registration)

It seems Leica has shut down the support... on my knowledge, no one is working in customer care so if you have equipment on service (like me), no one knows when you get the equipment back.

38 minutes ago, oka said:

It seems Leica has shut down the support... on my knowledge, no one is working in customer care so if you have equipment on service (like me), no one knows when you get the equipment back.

Hi, are you talking about the US Division or Germany?  

I think that's understandable given the circumstances and fully justified - it's one of those situations where you have to be flexible

There is nothing about this on their website. Given the present circumstances, though, I would not be surprised to encounter a reduced service.

Posted (edited)

Roger Horn, President Leica USA, sent an email, effective March 20, that the US was temporarily shutting down NJ Customer Care, US Leica Stores, the US Online Store, and the US Corporate Offices, and suspending scheduled workshops. I received a copy that day.

Leica Rumors posted a copy of the letter, as well as a communication from Dr. Kaufmann.  I mentioned this in a couple of threads.

https://leicarumors.com/2020/03/20/an-update-from-leica-regarding-coronavirus-covid-19.aspx/

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

:Yes, but it tells us nothing about CS Germany. On the contrary:

Since the outbreak, we at Leica Camera are continuously undertaking all necessary precautions that operations can still work

Advertisement (gone after registration)

4 minutes ago, jaapv said:

:Yes, but it tells us nothing about CS Germany. On the contrary:

I never said it did. The closures, as noted, were all in the US, per Roger Horn.

Jeff

By whom?

Never mind. I just checked - CS workers have been sent home - only work from home, like customer contacts, etc. is done. On an up note - my contact is doing fine.