Small bags and pouches for Leica M lenses

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Have searched for a while for the ultimate pouch (neoprene, not leather) for my Leica M lenses. Finally found one for the "average" Leica/Zeiss/Hexanon lens. This bag can also be hooked to the belt via the sewn loop, having enough room for a finger to reach for the lens. I cut off the adjacent carabiner as it was useless. Now I can stack two lenses on top of each other (I have 4) in my ONA bag. I am not naming any brands, I am not associated with anyone, just informing anyone that was after such product that this company is in Munich, Germany and on amazon.de. They have even smaller (XXS) bags but they are too tiny for Leica lenses. The proper size they offer for the pouch IMHO was XS (7cm x 8cm). The bags are not the icons of design, nor very beautiful, but they do get the job done.

PLEASE SHARE YOUR LEICA LENS POUCH EXPERIENCE(S).

I like the small leather zip pouches that come with the Leica lenses. Even if you don't have the originals that came with the lens (say you bought a used lens) ----

those little leather zip pouches are readily available - new or used. Works for me.

Home made from chamois leather or old socks.Small bags with zips always make me worry about the zip scratching something. I have both the old style leather Leitz cases and the modern zip ones but they stay at home.

Edited by Pyrogallol
vor 6 Minuten schrieb Pyrogallol:

Small bags with zips always make me worry about the zip scratching something.

The zip is made of plastic, and inside is an adjustable soft liner, so from my point of view the risk of scratching is small.

1 hour ago, AndreasG said:

The zip is made of plastic, and inside is an adjustable soft liner, so from my point of view the risk of scratching is small.

Thanks, they look nice, might see about getting one, or more.

I think I've tried almost everything over the years, leather, socks, cooler can sleeves, and finally ended up making my own out of soft protective fabrics with drawstrings and plastic locks for each, sized to the lenses or lenses with hoods attached. Highly recommended to anybody with a sewing machine (and knowing how to use it).

I purchased some small nylon mesh bags with drawstrings from Amazon. They are $ 7.50 for six and come in either black or gray. I changed up the drawstring to bright red to make them more Leica like. They fit most M lenses, except the largest ones. You don't need to label them as you can easily feel what lens is inside without looking.

Amazon product number B01563LE0A

I use the slim coozie on my WATE and 75 Summarit. They are Leica red and were made to fit Red Bull cans. Can't find a link for them.

Tom A and Sal DiMarco used to use the purple Royal Crown whiskey bags for their cameras and lenses in their Brady bags. They said collecting the bags was half the fun! I always found them a bit too big to be practical.

The best compromise I found...neoprene pouch, light, good protection, no zip

I can easily carry a couple of lenses in a compact bag, in my pocket...or in my wife's handbag 😊

6 hours ago, Lelmer said:

I can easily carry a couple of lenses in a compact bag, in my pocket...or in my wife's handbag 😊

I use those as well. Ridiculously cheap, but quite good.

Edited by Gobert
  • 2 months later...
On 3/24/2020 at 6:02 AM, Lelmer said:

I just ordered a set from Amazon. com. Thanks for the tip.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

4 hours ago, budjames said:

I just ordered a set from Amazon. com. Thanks for the tip.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

What’s the link for those?  I searched a couple things but only found pouches with drawstrings. 

On 3/24/2020 at 11:26 AM, derleicaman said:

Here's the mesh pouches I use from Amazon, along with the Red Bull coozie for my WATE

I have been looking for a breathable pouch to store my M lenses in while they are not in use.  This looks like a perfect solution.  Thank you.  

for the small Leica, CV etc lenses I like the Optech fold-over pouches - they have a decent range (x9) of sizes

I even place some of my lenses sideways (eg cron 50 v5)

https://www.optechusa.com/fold-over-pouch.html

45 minutes ago, romualdo said:

for the small Leica, CV etc lenses I like the Optech fold-over pouches - they have a decent range (x9) of sizes

I even place some of my lenses sideways (eg cron 50 v5)

https://www.optechusa.com/fold-over-pouch.html

I have actually brought lenses out using bubble-wrap lined envelopes before. They do the job but I guess aren't long term solutions.

Now I use these Op-tech ones. I like that there's no velcro and they're cushioned, plus they stretch so they fit lenses within the size range. The 303 (if I remember correctly) fits the 50lux, 35lux FLE and 28cron fine and pretty snug and the 50APO if you squish it a bit.

Edited by chasdfg