Souvenirs, souvenirs...

Louis

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Sequestered at home in Florida; and, with a glass of Armagnac,  remembering those happy days of the other home! ...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

Edited by Louis
  • Like 6

It is, so far Louis, but as we know we are slightly isolated. It's here, but not rampant like other places. What we need is stricter control measures, something that will eventuate, but I fear should have been put in place weeks ago, not "soon".

Anyway, rural like we are, life is going on, but we all know is changing. I certainly feel for the north of Italy, a place we know well, and we set to return to later this year.

Keep well.

• Like 1

Absolutely! I am also very familiar with the North of Italy. Having lived  in Switzerland during my teens, we used to go very often to all that region! It used to be a very joyful area that we loved!... So sad to see what is going on in those beautiful places!

I am glad you are relatively safe, but be very careful, though. Here in Florida, people don't seem to take it very seriously! As my daughter joined us from New York, we have to be very careful for her own sake.

Best regards, my friend. 

• Like 1

"Souvenirs, souvenirs, je vous retrouve dans mon coeur

Et vous faites refleurir tous mes rêves de bonheur"

(Johnny Halliday - 1960) - French version of Souvenirs (Cy Coben).

By the way, nice picture, beautiful B&W!

Regards.

François

• Like 1

Dear Francois, thank you so much for your wonderful comment.

BTW, Johnny Holliday and I were members of the same gym. Although younger than him, I liked to notice how much I was in better shape. 😂 But obviously, I had consumed less alcohol than him the previous night, and I went to bed earlier for sure. 😂

During these days of quarantine, all we have is our memories. Paris was for sure the best days of my life.

Edited by Louis

On April 4, 2020 at 7:53 AM, Louis said:

BTW, Johnny Holliday and I were members of the same gym. Although younger than him, I liked to notice how much I was in better shape. 😂 But obviously, I had consumed less alcohol than him the previous night, and I went to bed earlier for sure. 😂

During these days of quarantine, all we have is our memories. Paris was for sure the best days of my life.

Comme disait Humphrey Bogart dans Casablanca :  "We'll always have Paris"!

Take care and… post pictures!

Bon Dimanche.

• Like 1

On April 4, 2020 at 7:53 AM, Louis said:

So, you went to the Gym with Jean-Philippe Smets! What a great artist this Johnny!! I think he was a beautiful person too.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, FrancoisF said:

So, you went to the Gym with Jean-Philippe Smets! What a great artist this Johnny!! I think he was a beautiful person too.

He was a quite straight kind of guy. The kind of things I liked about him was like this one. He was sailing with Joe Dassin ( a good friend of mine) and Christine ( Joe’s then mistresse who later became his second wife). Everybody, including myself, supported Joe’s wife, Maryse, and hated the new Joe’ s relationship. So, Johnny completely pi$$ed by Christine, took her and threw her in the sea? lol

Incidently, Joe was dragged to drugs by his second wife and died of heart attack. Christine died of overdose!.... very sad story!

On April 6, 2020 at 10:06 AM, Louis said:

He was a quite straight kind of guy. The kind of things I liked about him was like this one. He was sailing with Joe Dassin ( a good friend of mine) and Christine ( Joe’s then mistresse who later became his second wife). Everybody, including myself, supported Joe’s wife, Maryse, and hated the new Joe’ s relationship. So, Johnny completely pi$$ed by Christine, took her and threw her in the sea? lol

Incidently, Joe was dragged to drugs by his second wife and died of heart attack. Christine died of overdose!.... very sad story!

Beautiful story, so Johnny was a good guy.

I have always been impressed and very sad about the death of Joe Dassin - in a restaurant - in front of his kids. I like very much his songs (and my wife Patricia more than me). I should have been great to be friend of Joe Dassin, his face shows he was a very intelligent person.

Happy Easter Louis!

Regards.

François

He was a puzzle as a person. He was not very much liked in the business. He was cold and  snubbing everyone although his songs were just the opposite of him.  During a very hot summer, I accepted his offer to spend in his house in Paris suburbs that was cooler than downtown a Paris. Often, he was waking up in the middle of the night and playing piano next to my room. You can’t believe how I was getting angry and cursing him. But it was always forgotten very fast around a backgammon table that we both liked. We also had been in the same high school in Switzerland, but being much younger, i was there few years after him.....

As you see, Cher Francois, souvenirs, souvenirs.... Now that we are sequestered at home, all memories come like on a movie screen....

PS: As for Johnny, he liked to play the bad guy. But he was much quieter and more reserved in life  than his public image....

Edited by Louis

22 hours ago, Louis said:

He was a puzzle as a person. He was not very much liked in the business. He was cold and  snubbing everyone although his songs were just the opposite of him.  During a very hot summer, I accepted his offer to spend in his house in Paris suburbs that was cooler than downtown a Paris. Often, he was waking up in the middle of the night and playing piano next to my room. You can’t believe how I was getting angry and cursing him. But it was always forgotten very fast around a backgammon table that we both liked. We also had been in the same high school in Switzerland, but being much younger, i was there few years after him.....

As you see, Cher Francois, souvenirs, souvenirs.... Now that we are sequestered at home, all memories come like on a movie screen....

PS: As for Johnny, he liked to play the bad guy. But he was much quieter and more reserved in life  than his public image....

Dear Louis,

Thank you for this inside view of two great artists!!

• Like 1