Jump to content
Flat Earth

Was there supposed to be a printed manual?

Recommended Posts

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I just took delivery of a chrome CL with chrome 18mm.  Amazingly light and beautiful camera.

Typical for Leica, the box was amazing.  I got a quick start guide but no full manual.  I can download one but I am surprised there isn’t a printed one.  I seem to have all the warranty paperwork.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quickstart guide, no manual. download is the route to take and i much prefer digital anyway since you can search it.

enjoy your new camera! /guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I bought mine, you could request a hard copy of the manual directly from Leica. Not sure what it's like now as I bought mine 2 years ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inside the box you should find where to apply for a proper manual. Look at the short guide carefully. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, wda said:

Inside the box you should find where to apply for a proper manual. Look at the short guide carefully. 

Aha!  Thanks for the heads up.  It’s printed on the cover page of the Quick Start.  I guess it’s their way of making you register the camera.  In the past (for my M9 and DMR at least), you got an SD card holder

Edited by Flat Earth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Flat Earth said:

Aha!  Thanks for the heads up.  It’s printed on the cover page of the Quick Start.  I guess it’s their way of making you register the camera.  In the past (for my M9 and DMR at least), you got an SD card holder

Not a bad idea to register.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Advertisement (gone after registration)

On 3/16/2020 at 5:46 PM, Flat Earth said:

Aha!  Thanks for the heads up.  It’s printed on the cover page of the Quick Start.  I guess it’s their way of making you register the camera.  In the past (for my M9 and DMR at least), you got an SD card holder

It actually serves the dual purposes of reducing paper waste and saving money. The vast majority of users today never ever look at the paper manual in the box: they go directly to the manufacturers' websites and download the manual if they look at all. Printing all those manuals out just to have them sit in a box forever, or worse be thrown in the trash, is an awful lot of needless negative environmental impact, and wasted money.

G

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ramarren said:

It actually serves the dual purposes of reducing paper waste and saving money. The vast majority of users today never ever look at the paper manual in the box: they go directly to the manufacturers' websites and download the manual if they look at all. Printing all those manuals out just to have them sit in a box forever, or worse be thrown in the trash, is an awful lot of needless negative environmental impact, and wasted money.

G

i never look at any paper manual if there's digital copy available. the chances of the paper one being more up to date than the digital copy from the source is near zero.

/guy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue., Read more about our Privacy Policy