Farewell Lieca S

geetee1972

Advertisement (gone after registration)

I have had some very lovely communication with people from the forum and so I thought right, if a little odd, to say goodbye. Today MPB.com collects my Lecia S (007) and the last lens I have (the 70 Summarit). The decision to move on from the S is a combination of wanting to revert back to shooting film and actually really needing the money (to pay for divorce bills and the establishment of a new family home for me and my two sons).

It's a decision I may regret, but with the release of the S3 I think the opportunity to buy back into the system at close to what I am selling this body and lens for (£3600) is pretty high. And if not, other MF digital options do now exist.

It's been a pleasure to commiunicate with you all and I wish everyone the best, especially for the immediate future! Stay safe and well.

Edited by geetee1972
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hello Greg,

We’ve never spoken, but I have always enjoyed your comments (when I’ve been here to see them) and wish you well. I hope you’ll keep your account going and pop back in from time to time.
I like your portraits and I can see why a film camera is going to work nicely for your work and your artistic touch. Please continue on with the sketches/portraits of young fathers—as a (semi) young father myself, it’s a subject close to home but also a rich photographic vein for stories I think. Best regards.

Cheers

Tom

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Aloha, I too was in the very same situation, 2 sons just into their teens, an ex who took All my then Leica's and other photographic equipment.. A real low in life.. Time passes, life goes forward & you will survive..  Take Care, we wish you well....   L

I really feel with you –2 years ago was thinking to sell all my S-Equipment (S2 and 5 lenses incl. the zoom) for similar reasons. 
There's no reason to regret if something is inevitable. 

You'll never have a problem to get a Summarit 70 for reasonable price. And in terms of S3 body – in two or three years will be another game.

Wish you all confidence in future. 

lik

• Like 1

It is a pity, I always enjoyed your work, so I will try to keep up with your progress through your website and Instagram. This period can be very stressful for many of us, as we seem to be hit by  a combination of stressors (virus, financial, personal etc), so stay strong and over time you will see that things get better. All the best.

Wishing you well @geetee1972 and am sure you'll be back!  After all you don't have to have a camera to be in a forum, as Jeff S proves by being in every system's one!:). 

OTOH, a high correlation of having owned an S with divorce is a food for thought...  Proper family accounting, AKA the "dark pool", is a key to Leica happiness!

• Like 1

I wish you the best in your new transition. Invitation is to water your own tree for a while and come back when you are ready.  Having a community of like minded and supportive people is always helpful in difficult times.

Arif

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 7:30 PM, geetee1972 said:

I have had some very lovely communication with people from the forum and so I thought right, if a little odd, to say goodbye. Today MPB.com collects my Lecia S (007) and the last lens I have (the 70 Summarit). The decision to move on from the S is a combination of wanting to revert back to shooting film and actually really needing the money (to pay for divorce bills and the establishment of a new family home for me and my two sons).

It's a decision I may regret, but with the release of the S3 I think the opportunity to buy back into the system at close to what I am selling this body and lens for (£3600) is pretty high. And if not, other MF digital options do now exist.

It's been a pleasure to commiunicate with you all and I wish everyone the best, especially for the immediate future! Stay safe and well.

Ah mate I live in London and I would have bought it in a second! :)

• Like 1