35mm lens adapters for S mount?

SocialKonstruct

19 minutes ago, John McMaster said:

Only the Leica one for the SL

john

It’s for the L mount to be more precise but maybe it will not have all of the functionality on other L cameras?

Advertisement (gone after registration)

19 minutes ago, Sarnian said:

I've got one of these but I can't figure out what to do with it! 😵

easy..slap on a vintage summitar or summar or industar, crop the final output and see how that lovely sensor captures from those gorgeous lenses.

i don't have that adapter but i do have the M > G adapter for fuji...example 50mm summilux M ASPH on GFX50R

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, frame-it said:

here is a full image without cropping

I see, on the Fuji, which is mirrorless.  Understood.  But the S3 because it is a DSLR has a longer focusing distance which is the problem..Thanks for the clarification.

2 hours ago, davidmknoble said:

I see, on the Fuji, which is mirrorless.  Understood.  But the S3 because it is a DSLR has a longer focusing distance which is the problem..Thanks for the clarification.

which is one of the reasons "some" people want a mirrorless S, but others want the OVF

• Like 1

8 hours ago, frame-it said:

which is one of the reasons "some" people want a mirrorless S, but others want the OVF

You are correct.  I think that is why Leica has the SL and SL2, which take M, L, and S lenses, and left the S as the OVF with lenses integrated to the body allowing other medium format lenses to be used.  Then everyone has a choice and with the new sensors the choice provides larger files.

7 hours ago, davidmknoble said:

You are correct.  I think that is why Leica has the SL and SL2, which take M, L, and S lenses, and left the S as the OVF with lenses integrated to the body allowing other medium format lenses to be used.  Then everyone has a choice and with the new sensors the choice provides larger files.

yes...except i realized last year that once the camera reaches 50MP, at least for me, its better to move to a larger format, so i sold my 51MP 5DSR and moved to the GFX

• Like 1

4 hours ago, frame-it said:

and

I knew there is an S-R adapter that works well with the APO R 280 f/2.8 (and I actually have a great copy that lens with the case).  That particular lens, on the S is essentially full frame.  I am waiting for a new batch to be made from someone I am ordering... I use that lens on the SL now along with the 1.4x APO adapter...

This was taken with the SL, not the S, but at f/2.8 with the 1.4x extender.  It shows that there would be a good use on the S series ...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

With 35mm lens on a medium format body, there can be some vignetting possible. I gather that some lenses have such solid resolving power beyond that of the 35mm format which is pretty awesome...

Due to the COVID-19 situation, I have reassessed any huge purchases lately and honestly I feel that a Leica Q2 is pretty ideal for most shooting atm... but going to wait and see.

The converted 24mm Samyang T/S that I use covers the entire S frame due to it having a large image circle so that it could accommodate the shift movements that it was intended for. So, Tilt/Shift lenses are probably your best starting point.

http:// https://www.dropbox.com/s/m1xri32njl14ipw/Samyang 24mm non-TS Nikon version.tif?dl=0