Any Leica Dealer who has an S3 in stock?

lik

14 minutes ago, setuporg said:

Very cool.  Can one bring a bag of Hasselblads and old S's?

Per the link...

“For those thinking of trading in multiple S bodies for a single S3, Leica will only be offering the additional credit on one camera per S3 purchase. Normal trade values will still apply though.”

Jeff

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Jeff S said:

Per the link...

“For those thinking of trading in multiple S bodies for a single S3, Leica will only be offering the additional credit on one camera per S3 purchase. Normal trade values will still apply though.”

That's the S bodies.  I wonder if one can say bring an S and a Hassy...

Damn. What did I do with that old bag of Hasselblads? 😇

More interesting would be the typical trade-in value for an 007. I got quite a nice deal trading up from an 006. I confess that, as I lie here with a mild fever and cough, that a new camera body is pretty far down the list of priorities. But some day, no doubt, it will be important again.

• Like 6

Advertisement (gone after registration)

1 hour ago, mgrayson3 said:

More interesting would be the typical trade-in value for an 007. I got quite a nice deal trading up from an 006. I confess that, as I lie here with a mild fever and cough, that a new camera body is pretty far down the list of priorities. But some day, no doubt, it will be important again.

I don't care about S3 at this moment compare to everyone is healthy.  

I truly hope everything will be fine for you. 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, mgrayson3 said:

Hope you feel better soon and take care.

• Thanks 1

Anyone knowing whether the 

On 3/31/2020 at 10:09 PM, davidmknoble said:

Anyone knowing whether the 'Trade-in value' mentioned in the link above is specific for Leica US or Leica Miami? I dont see this elsewhere (but it is possibly a currency 'compensation' in the US?). 

Edited by helged

1 hour ago, helged said:

Anyone knowing whether the 'Trade-in value' mentioned in the link above is specific for Leica US or Leica Miami? I dont see this elsewhere. 

As with any used gear, it’s specific to the item being traded; considering its condition, recent sensor or service, warranty remaining if any, etc. However each entity has made such assessments, the promo is added on to that.  At least that’s how I interpret it.

Jeff

Edited by Jeff S

1 hour ago, helged said:

Anyone knowing whether the 'Trade-in value' mentioned in the link above is specific for Leica US or Leica Miami? I dont see this elsewhere (but it is possibly a currency 'compensation' in the US?). 

Value starts from a fairly standard level for newer models - ie. an S007 in really good shape and not in need of a CLA. Also, the typical high value includes the box, papers, instructions and all accessories included with the new purchase.  Then, it gets discounted from there for condition and for missing items (box, chargers etc.).  It isn't perfect, but basically, Leica has said they will take whatever you would get for your camera, and add more to it for a promotional trade in.  If you want to trade up to the S3, this would be the way to do it (new). 

• Like 1

Thanks folks; what I had in mind is that Leica US offers some reduced cost (USD2000, 3000 or 4000) plus 'Trade-in value', whereas where I live (Norway), Leica offers reduced cost only (corresponding to USD2000, 3000 or 4000; no trade-in value).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2020 at 6:54 AM, helged said:

Thanks folks; what I had in mind is that Leica US offers some reduced cost (USD2000, 3000 or 4000) plus 'Trade-in value', whereas where I live (Norway), Leica offers reduced cost only (corresponding to USD2000, 3000 or 4000; no trade-in value).

I checked with Leica Norway, there is no trade-in value offered, just the (approx) 4k Euro for an S007. They double-checked with Leica Germany. I assume this is Leica Europe policy. Makes a trade-in non-attractive.

Edited by erlingmm
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stuart Richardson said:

Looks like 3 S3´s from Leica Norway in one thread...I will likely go to them as well! Eventually anyway. Have you all gotten one yet? 

I will not upgrade on these terms, not worth it. Very happy with the S007 as is.

Edited by erlingmm
  • Thanks 1

All for me then, haha. Well, assuming anyone will buy some of my other gear these days. I am still on the S006 and have an older S2, so I will likely take the money for the S2 (unless they are selling for significantly more). I have put off upgrading for six years, so I think for me it is finally worth it, given the better resolution, color over the S007 (I guess?) and ISO performance. 

11 minutes ago, Stuart Richardson said:

All for me then, haha. Well, assuming anyone will buy some of my other gear these days. I am still on the S006 and have an older S2, so I will likely take the money for the S2 (unless they are selling for significantly more). I have put off upgrading for six years, so I think for me it is finally worth it, given the better resolution, color over the S007 (I guess?) and ISO performance. 

Frankly, I don't understand this 006 nostalgia, the 007 is so much more versatile due to higher ISO and more snappy camera in general. I don't see the difference (and I have had them all), at least not with some LR work. I am worried I will not see a difference from 007 to S3, too big leap money wise. Get yourselves a used 007 at bargain price.

Edited by erlingmm

Hello freinds,

I suppose I am the first and up to now the only one who got a S3 (at the 13th of March). After about 14 days of testing the big ship I have to confirm the S3 it is a wonderful camera. It meets my requirements of quality in any way. Look at the German part of this forum for further details.

Regards Hans, and stay healthy in spite of Corona

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1