Camera bag (again and again)

Schittra

I don't have an M10 but this is my M bag is an old Tweed Jacket with a padded camera insert from off eBay, and the pockets still function as such ...

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

You can't beat a bit of repurposing, and hand made in Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

On 10/22/2020 at 4:39 AM, Jeff S said:

Fogg bags are hand crafted by the two owners (bee and Nigel), have closures without Velcro, and they routinely accept custom orders.  

Audi/Billingham > BMW/Fogg?  😳

Jeff

Nice comparison.  Both are manufactured to high standards, but I've always preferred Fogg because the people, Nigel and bee, are so nice to deal with.  In today's mass produced world, there just seems to be something special about handmade products coming from a small family (two people) company.

The bags are not so expensive when you consider how long they last.  I am still using a 'bumble bee' which dates from around 1988 and Fogg provided new inserts when I asked.  I also have the Violin, B-laika and Soprano; all different sizes and all for different uses.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, T25UFO said:

Nice comparison.  Both are manufactured to high standards, but I've always preferred Fogg because the people, Nigel and bee, are so nice to deal with.  In today's mass produced world, there just seems to be something special about handmade products coming from a small family (two people) company.

The bags are not so expensive when you consider how long they last.  I am still using a 'bumble bee' which dates from around 1988 and Fogg provided new inserts when I asked.  I also have the Violin, B-laika and Soprano; all different sizes and all for different uses.  

The automobile part of the comparison comes from Bud James’ frequent mention of switching from long time Audi ownership to BMW.

Jeff

Advertisement (gone after registration)

36 minutes ago, Jeff S said:

The automobile part of the comparison comes from Bud James’ frequent mention of switching from long time Audi ownership to BMW.

Jeff

Any mention of a BMW always makes me smile following the announcement made that a BMW had failed it's Quality Control check when it was found that the indicators actually worked.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Bobitybob said:

I don't have an M10 but this is my M bag is an old Tweed Jacket with a padded camera insert from off eBay, and the pockets still function as such ...

Could you tell us what insert this is exactly? I'm really frustrated at the moment and I didn't find what I'm looking for so far. I'm at the verge of starting a "Show us your camera bag insert!" - thread.

I'm using the ONA Roma with an extra set of padding consisting of dividers from a rather huge camera backpack to protect my lenses so that I don't have to open a seperate pouch (which saves time and takes less space). The Roma itself isn't padded enough for my taste. I keep that in an old aunts&uncles Hitchhiker leather backpack. (Image source: Hausfelder.de)

I'll have a look at the Harris Tweed bag though. Looks great!

Edited by feelssadman

Billingham Hadley inserts - Small / Pro are probably the best kept secret for transforming any bag into a camera bag. I use them with messenger bags from Coach and Armani. I hate the "tourist photographer" look that boxy traditional camera bags impart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kwesi said:

Billingham Hadley inserts - Small / Pro are probably the best kept secret for transforming any bag into a camera bag. I use them with messenger bags from Coach and Armani. I hate the "tourist photographer" look that boxy traditional camera bags impart.

Aren't the Billingham inserts a bit too deep? I want to avoid stacking lenses and rather keep it all side by side.

I normally carry 3 lenses (28/2, 50/1.4 ASPHand 35FLE and an M10-P. I divide the insert into 3 vertical compartments of varying width. Body and lens in use in the widest compartment and one lens in each of the other two narrower compartments. I like the extra depth as it allows me to carry the 21/28 metal finder and an extra battery, each in a  soft protective case under the included and reposition-able vertical divider flaps under each lens. 

Am 23.10.2020 um 19:36 schrieb Bobitybob:

looks good

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2020 at 7:36 PM, Bobitybob said:

Hi guys,

Which color do you think may suit for my next bag?🤔

Edited by Gelatino
  • Like 1

On 10/24/2020 at 3:46 PM, feelssadman said:

Could you tell us what insert this is exactly? I'm really frustrated at the moment and I didn't find what I'm looking for so far. I'm at the verge of starting a "Show us your camera bag insert!" - thread.

The bag was a present from my better half, so when the bag arrived I measured it and got this from ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-DSLR-Camera-Bag-Padded-Insert-Partition-Case-Lens-Organizer-Travel-Bag-Pouch/392038841281?var=660998245319.

Hope that's helpful

vor einer Stunde schrieb Bobitybob:

The bag was a present from my better half, so when the bag arrived I measured it and got this from ebay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-DSLR-Camera-Bag-Padded-Insert-Partition-Case-Lens-Organizer-Travel-Bag-Pouch/392038841281?var=660998245319.

Hope that's helpful

the size of the bag (depth) is mentioned with 7cm - your insert from ebay has 10ch - does it fit into the bag properly ?

On 10/24/2020 at 3:31 PM, Matlock said:

Any mention of a BMW always makes me smile following the announcement made that a BMW had failed it's Quality Control check when it was found that the indicators actually worked.

Eh? A buyer ticked “indicators” on the option list: surely some mistake..   😳🚙

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, leitna said:

the size of the bag (depth) is mentioned with 7cm - your insert from ebay has 10ch - does it fit into the bag properly ?

I've measured my bag for you and it's hard to say the depth as it's not really got structured sides such as for instance the green Armani one shown above.  If I pull it in the top center then it goes to about 120mm as the sides pull in a bit, I'm not sure if the sizes quoted are measured are for the bottom of the bag.  

As it was a gift I can't say what the original size was listed as and/or if the maker has subsequently changed this.  All I can say is, that the insert I have linked to fits in mine, admittedly it's a snug fit and I had to work it down to get it to the bottom, but as you can see from the photos above it goes in.  I suppose if you want one and are unsure then you could contact the maker or even get her to make you a bespoke version for an insert of your choice which could be bigger or smaller.

By the way, I have no connection to her other than that I love the bag, which is well made and as she says is unique.

Hope that's helpful

Edited by Bobitybob
  • Thanks 1