Camera bag (again and again)

Schittra

Advertisement (gone after registration)

Lowepro Passport Messenger bag. Very thin outer material and a padded insert for one camera. Folds down to nothing. 

Weighs less than 500g, carries a 15" laptop plus iPad, one camera and lens (Q or M3 with 50mm lens) plus power supply, odds and sodds and water bottle; or the laptop and SL with 24-90 but nothing else. When Lufthansa get annoying, I can put it in my carryon roller with lens around neck or in pocket. 

For landscape shoots, I will take the Lowepro backpack 350 Tactical which holds everything plus more and sits comfortably on the waist and shoulders. 

• Like 2

On 3/16/2020 at 5:58 PM, roelv1 said:

I use an Artisan Artist bag when I have to take the whole equipment with me. Room for two bodies and six lenses. Or one body and seven lenses. ( picture) When I need less equipment I carry a Billingham Hadley small. The Artisan bag is made from leather. Great bag. 

Another fan of the Artisan & Artist ACAM-1000. 

http://www.artisanandartist.com/bags/acam1000.htm

Welcome, dear visitor! As registered member you'd see an image here…

Simply register for free here – We are always happy to welcome new members!

• Like 2

I have a Wutancraft Trooper Medium in sage. It's a nice bag, but it sits on the shelf because at heart, I'm a Billingham fan. I'm going to sell the Wutancraft.

I took this photos a few months ago before I received my custom ordered Billinghan 307 with a 6 inch extension to the shoulder strap and Billingham Thomas briefcase.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, budjames said:

I have a Wutancraft Trooper Medium in sage. It's a nice bag, but it sits on the shelf because at heart, I'm a Billingham fan. I'm going to sell the Wutancraft.

I took this photos a few months ago before I received my custom ordered Billinghan 307 with a 6 inch extension to the shoulder strap and Billingham Thomas briefcase.

Regards,
Bud James

Please check out my fine art and travel photography at www.budjames.photography or on Instagram at www.instagram.com/budjamesphoto.

You obviously carry a lot of mobile phones.

Advertisement (gone after registration)

5 hours ago, budjames said:

Regards,
Bud James

I am pretty sure that this Filson below would hold all three of those, leaving room for a toilet kit for when you take it on the road.🤓

https://www.sportique.com/products/filson-large-duffel-bag-tan?variant=43775353608&gclid=CjwKCAjw3-bzBRBhEiwAgnnLCtKhPDDTUJRdL0QvlH7AEo5XkSlgDRltrij29K8KxRcg0BH9fKIljBoCu4UQAvD_BwE

• Like 1

Fogg flute (cream canvas), b-minor (green canvas) and b-major (grey canvas), all with cognac leather, all with custom features (mainly a grab handle on top). They're happy to do the custom changes, but billing in the UK is through Robert White.

F-Stop Loka back pack with small insert, which is my airline cabin bag and hiking pack.

Lowepro Pro Runner for out-and-out urban bulk transport of location portraiture kit (SL + 24-90, flash x2, lighting stands x2, brollies x2). Cotton backdrop and stand supports in a separate canvas holdall, and I hope my back will last till I get there.

Crumpler Haven Small, for CL and single lens, for throwing in my work messenger bag.

Despite the quantity, these bags are all used fairly equally for my CL and SL kits.

Previous bags:
- Ona Brixton in leather: style over substance - too heavy, limited capacity, dubious strap attachments, cheap thin leather over padding.
- Domke FX5B in waxed canvas: great bag but lost out in style stakes to the Fogg b-minor, which is just as practical.

(We need an active bag thread in these grim times of pestilence, fear and death).

• Like 2

For my M10 or my Q2 I rarely use a bag. But I was always looking for a smaller bag for 2-3 lenses and batteries. Today my new Thinktank slim Charger v3.0 arrived https://thinktankphoto.de/de/produkte/modular-komponenten/objektivtaschen/slim-changer-V3-0 . Comes very close to what I was looking for.

Maybe it would even be suitable for an M10 with a lens. (Unfortunately, cannot check now, as my M10 is about 1400 km away...).

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 3/12/2020 at 6:48 AM, poli said:

Billingham digital (small hikes and bad weather)

Billingham Hadley Pro (travel, on board bag plane)

Wotancraft Ryker Small (body, 3 lenses, etc)

Wotancraft Ryker Xs (one lens and mb small lens) 

Hi Poli..

My day to day is a Billngham Small. I am now in process of buying a Wotancraft Ryker Small. Going smaller. Based on your experience can I fit in : M10 w/lux 50mm + 21mm SElmar + 75mm summarit + small flash, viewfinder, spare batteries... ( they are recent lens - hood incorporated)... Thanks 

• Like 1

My son given me a Domke F5Xa, wich is perfect to carry a body+2 lenses, 3 too if they aren't big

Small, inexpensive, gear well protected

https://tiffen.com/products/domke-f5xa-shoulder-belt-bag

I think many of us have more bags than we actually need but what's a girl to do? For walking around, with the M system or my other cameras I have a Think Tank Retrospective 7 Leather, and Think Tank Lily Deanna Mezzo Brown. If I am going out with just my M system, I use a really minimal small generic brown canvas ammo bag that I use to carry the M10 with 50 Summilux, 90 Elmarit M and a Zeiss Biogon 25. 

If traveling I have a 20L Peak Design Everyday Backpack and a Manfrotto Pro Light Reloader Air 50 Wheeled bag (I have other camera systems). 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A have  a Billingham Small for 25 years and is the bag I use for my Leica M10.  Now I orderer a Wotancraft Ryker S as on day to day I only take the M10 w lux 50mm plus the SElmar 21mm and 2 filters, I hope I will enjoy it.

• Like 2

I'm going to be a contrarian here and say that while I prefer Billingham, I also prefer a bit larger bag to a smaller one. I like both the Hadley Pro and Hadley Small, but when carrying the larger bag, even with only one body and one or two lenses, and a small bit of kit, it feels more secure dumping the gear into that deeper cavity, and is quicker and easier removing gear from it with that extra space. It's frustrating to have to remove a lens from beneath another lens, and a larger bag allows for other items, such as a Monovid or glasses or whatever one might stuff in a satchel. The extra weight of the bag is negligible. A slightly larger bag than is necessary looks like it could be a satchel for anything, while a small bag appears more specific to purpose. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ontick said:

I'm going to be a contrarian here and say that while I prefer Billingham, I also prefer a bit larger bag to a smaller one. I like both the Hadley Pro and Hadley Small, but when carrying the larger bag, even with only one body and one or two lenses, and a small bit of kit, it feels more secure dumping the gear into that deeper cavity, and is quicker and easier removing gear from it with that extra space. It's frustrating to have to remove a lens from beneath another lens, and a larger bag allows for other items, such as a Monovid or glasses or whatever one might stuff in a satchel. The extra weight of the bag is negligible. A slightly larger bag than is necessary looks like it could be a satchel for anything, while a small bag appears more specific to purpose. 

Then you might like the Hadley One even more than the somewhat smaller Hadley Pro.  The added features of the 2020 Pro   (trolley strap, etc) debuted on the One.

Jeff

• Like 1

Hi Jeff, The 2020 Pro was a nice addition to the bag line. I wish they'd develop an accessory trolly strap for the Hadley Pro. I've looked over the Hadley One, and I'd be more moved towards it if it didn't have the separate non removable padded laptop holder, since I would only use that for travel and not daily. There's not much use for it if other than for laptop or tablet. (And the bag is wider). I wrote Billingham awhile back and asked about developing a half length padded insert for the Hadley Pro as found in the Hadley One, so the other half could be better used for other things. I believe they said something along the lines that it is something that they've considered. I've always believed in the idea that the camera bag be suited for your gear, and also accepting of some additional necessities for your adventure.

• Like 1